The Avengers Quadrilogy vs. The Dark Knight Trilogy

Which is better?

• Total voters
Even in Endgame, once Stark uses the Gauntlet and dies, Paltrowe comes over and says he can now rest (and not be mad), worrying about Earth/Threats.

Paltrow doesn't get much love around here, but damn, was she amazing in that scene. So calm for him in his last seconds, reassuring him as he fades away, and completely falling apart when he's gone.

Great quote from a YouTube video...

It wasn't Tony Stark who was unworthy of Mjolnir.

It was Mjolnir that was unworthy of Tony Stark.

What is practical
He means: A practical effect is a special effect produced physically, without computer-generated imagery or other post production techniques. ... Gunfire, bullet wounds, rain, wind, fire, and explosions can all be produced on a movie set by someone skilled in practical effects.

i havent seen any of the avengers.

and batman rules.

Avengers - 10/10 - GOAT MCU movie
AoU - 0/10 - dogshit of the lowest order
IW - 5/10 - meh
EG - 8/10 - pretty cool, for the most part

BB - 10/10 - amazing
TDK - 10/10 - amazing
TDKR - 1/10 - dogshit and an embarrassment to the films that preceded it

I'd say Batman edges it.

Avengers - 8/10 great
AoU - 8.5/10 underrated
IW - 8.5/10 one of the best CBMs
EG - 7/10 boring

BB - 9/10 - One of the best CBMs
TDK - 10/10 - One of my favorite movies
TDKR - 9/10 One of the best CBMs

TDK trilogy stomps, MCU films are just popcorn flicks, entertaining but Nolan is a far better director, and also the acting/cinematography and soundtrack is far better here. Lol at comparing Thanos to Ledger's Joker.

I really liked the first Avengers film, but the followups got old fast for me. Too many damned superheroes in one universe.
eceebb70ec577bca0b1e76037f3c3aa6.jpg

I was kinda soft on Dark Knight Rises, but there are parts I'll rewatch while flipping channels. Batman Begins and Dark Knight are remote drops for me. If I see them on, I'll drop the remote and watch from any point in the film. It's Batman for me.

If you haven’t seen any Marvel films, I wouldn’t bother just watching the Avengers films. What’s most impressive about these films is their interconnectedness. So much character development happens in other places (though Thor was given a lot of development in IW). They are not a stand alone set of films.

Good point, Captain America in the first avenger has a way different viewpoint on life and government after Civil War or Endgame

I'm a DC dork, so the Nolan trilogy.

And a four film series is a tetralogy, not a quadrilogy.

TDK is the most overrated trilogy in the history of trilogies and it's entire popularity is purely because some dude died. It's fucking garbage. Nolan rode that dead body straight to fame he never deserved.

TDK is the most overrated trilogy in the history of trilogies and it's entire popularity is purely because some dude died. It's fucking garbage. Nolan rode that dead body straight to fame he never deserved.

Not like BB was already critically acclaimed and considered one of the best CBMs and origin stories in 2005 and a strong debut.

TDK's quality is still there. People also talk about the scenes of Harvey Dent and Batman, especially the scenes that ends the movie , as well as the cinematography, the directing and the use of practical effects (since Nolan has talent instead of most MCU directors) Saying that it only has one great performance that is the only reason why the trilogy is talked about is just not being fair about the popularity. It recieved 8 academy awards, not one but eight which was a gamechanger for superhero films. Still has the highest rating in most of critic sites and the average is of 8.6/10 out of 10. If it was only for "one dude" why Inception and TDKR were both critically acclaimed too? Lol, they're simply well made movies that are better made than MCU's average quality.

TDKR (the weakest TDK's trilogy movie) still has better critical ratings than ANY of the Avengers quadrilogy. 8.00/10 critics, A+ and 78/100 metacritic. Russo's have exactly zero talent in anything except action scenes, enjoyable movies sure but we're not talking about award level winning directors.

Last edited:
I've only seen Avengers and Age of Ultron (I saw a lot of the lead up films, Captain American, Thor, etc) and I never liked Anne Hathaway so I bailed on the last Nolan film.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight vs Avengers and Age of Ultron isn't much of a competition. If I could swap out Age of Ultron and place Winter Soldier, I think it would be much closer.

IW is better than any single film but overall TDK is better.

Batman wins as Avengers bored me too much to watch all 4 movies, watched first 2 i think

Third Batman was a tragedy though, LOL as Bane casting

Avengers - 10/10 - GOAT MCU movie
AoU - 0/10 - dogshit of the lowest order
IW - 5/10 - meh
EG - 8/10 - pretty cool, for the most part

BB - 10/10 - amazing
TDK - 10/10 - amazing
TDKR - 1/10 - dogshit and an embarrassment to the films that preceded it

I'd say Batman edges it.
Youre giving infinity war a 5 out of 10? Christ o mighty..

Batman Begins was good, Dark Knight was GOAT-level and TDKR was utter shit.

Avengers Assemble was good, Age of Ultron was shit, Infinity War was GOAT-level and Endgame was very good.

Avengers by arm bar.
I don’t think that tDKR is utter shit. More just uninspired part 2.5 type stuff.

Back