The Ashes thread

Tomorrow I'm working from home for an all day seminar, let's just say I'll have two screens happening ha ha. Important day for us tomorrow, want to get to lunch 2-100 at worst if we can, lot easier to make runs at the GABBA in the arvo it seems.

Nice Michelle for Patty. Great to have a legit hot boy as Test captain.

Hopefully Warner, Marnus and Smith can get some runs tomorrow. Don’t have much faith in the rest of them.

Well, this wasn't the 1st Innings score I wanted to wake up to. Rory Burns needs to go, and Root needs to drop the captancy (to Anderson?), so he can (re)start focussing on his batting.

And who the hell batts first on a green pitch with rain coming? I mean, dafuq???

Any Class A level minor league baseball team with 6 weeks training could beat any/best cricket team

It takes longer than 6 weeks to explain how to play cricket. I'm not certain anybody really knows.

Never been a fan of test matches. Give me odi’s and t20 all day though.

Australia batting 1-133 right now through 40 overs.

England looks dejected, just dropped a ball. Brutal start to the test.

Have it on in the background, pretty busy at work but will check on it from time to time.

What a great day's cricket that was, we started off dominating, England got back into it and then Travis Head played a brilliant knock. First time someone has made a century in a session at the GABBA I believe. Always been a fan of his, I think he'll end up captain one day.

Reactions: BAM
Well, this wasn't the 1st Innings score I wanted to wake up to. Rory Burns needs to go, and Root needs to drop the captancy (to Anderson?), so he can (re)start focussing on his batting.

And who the hell batts first on a green pitch with rain coming? I mean, dafuq???

Giving full time captaincy to a paceman is iffy... Doubtful that Cummins plays every game. Excuse ti get Smith back in there. Surprised he's not there already

Giving full time captaincy to a paceman is iffy... Doubtful that Cummins plays every game. Excuse ti get Smith back in there. Surprised he's not there already
Smith back as vice-cap is disgraceful enough tbh. But agreed, it's iffy to give it to a paceman, but right now, he's the elderly statesman the blokes look up to. Root has never really given me captaincy-vibes at all. Stokes maybe, in a couple of years. But right now, I think the best option they got, would be Anderson.

Smith back as vice-cap is disgraceful enough tbh. But agreed, it's iffy to give it to a paceman, but right now, he's the elderly statesman the blokes look up to. Root has never really given me captaincy-vibes at all. Stokes maybe, in a couple of years. But right now, I think the best option they got, would be Anderson.

He's going to be captain again on day. I think it's probably time they ripped the band aid off and just gave it to him. I think if it wasn't for Paine resigning due to a off field incident, they would've just given it to him now

He's going to be captain again on day. I think it's probably time they ripped the band aid off and just gave it to him. I think if it wasn't for Paine resigning due to a off field incident, they would've just given it to him now
Yeah, that whole thing still pisses me off to no end. First off, I don't agree with him stepping back for the incident. But to then go all "yeah, I need a mental health break", that just reeks of fishing for public sympathy.
But Smith being captain again, oh boy, that would be a bad look. Not only that, Sandpaper-gate should stick on him for the rest of his career. Maybe not define him, his batting does that plenty, but with all the historic corruption and shenanigans in cricket, he should never been cap again, hell, not even vice-cap imho.

Back