The Arlovski/ Timmeh debate

Tim at his best shape still had to cut weight to make 265 if im not mistaken. Here is a pic. He has always been freaking HUGE
susumu14.jpg

Tim weighed in at 252 for that fight thank you for proving my point. Also his two wins over Arlovski he weighed in at 256 and 258.

Arlovski has won 2 straight, and has gone 6-1 1 nc since his devastating 4 fight lose streak. Sylvia has lost 3 straight and 1 nc, of course the NC being whee arlovski should of gotten the victory over Tim. Sylvia has only really beaten Pudz and Buentello, the rest cans. Arlovski has beaten Bellator, Strikeforce, and UFC vets in Mike Hayes, Devin Cole, and Mike Kyle.

yeah man, he must have been eating a lot and may face difficulty getting down in weight

If Tim wanted back in the UFC he should have been putting in the work in the gym and the cage. He probably could have done it too. He left the UFC to chase Fedor and after that loss he just fell apart. It's all his own making as I think he would new very favorable matchmaking to turn it around. Arlovski has done pretty well for himself and that's why he is back obviously.

UFC never signs guys who have lost their last fight, unless they like make it to the UFC through the ultimate fighter.

Id love to see Tim in the next bellator hw tournament. Match him up with mighty mo in the 1st round and see if he can jab his way to a W while hyping him up big time with the "Tim Sylvia is back!" Mantra

Tim at his best shape still had to cut weight to make 265 if im not mistaken. Here is a pic. He has always been freaking HUGE
susumu14.jpg
Best shape is relative though, he's pretty much always had a gut, his stomach kinda droops "over" his shorts even in that pic.

His manager at that time referred to his winning the championship as "would you look at that, my sack of shit's the UFC champ".

source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/13/5499090/the-eagles-of-bettendorf

Fightland said:
"Suddenly, Tim’s 12-0 and won seven fights in the two tournaments, and he’s getting better," Cox says. "So [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva calls, and says what about Tim Sylvia? And I’m like, you’re fucking with me, right? I said you’re crazy, but he adds, ‘Well, what if we let you pick your opponent?’ I said, hmm, he was supposed to fight Wesley Correira in this last tournament, but that lying fucker said he had a broken hand and backed out, not wanting to face Tim. So what about ‘Cabbage?’"

"Then Joe calls me and says, ‘I know you’re going to think I’m insane, but what about Tim for a title shot? I said, shut the hell up…but then I thought about it, and it occurred to me that we actually match up really well with [then heavyweight champion] Ricco Rodriguez. I just didn’t want to fight Pedro Rizzo for two fights, because Rizzo was a league above at that point, and I wasn’t going to send Tim in there to get decapitated. But Ricco? Okay. So Tim goes in there and knocks out Ricco and I’m like, would you look at that, my sack of shit’s the UFC champ."

Tim could probably be 240 or below easily if he was actually ripped. But he never really has been. He's definitely not a guy like Sean McCorkle who is legit shredded at 280.

Last edited:
Back