Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v44 (RIP Kentaro Miura)

Umezawa is Ippo’s best friend outside of boxing. So seeing him around the Makanouchi’s place a lot isn’t too far fetched.

He just likes helping Ippo and his mom. He has his own place.
Yeah, I was just realizing he had his own spot given the manga he drew up that Ippo went over to help him with (and fucked up some lol).

Yeah, I was just realizing he had his own spot given the manga he drew up that Ippo went over to help him with (and fucked up some lol).
Yeah poor dude. Ippo was destroying his work left and right.

More lesser known characters that make you wonder where they went...

Team Aoki: Realized they actually work at Aoki’s restaurant. They just don’t have dialogue so hard to spot.

The Regular: I like this character. Mysterious and big fan of Kimura. Takamura actually hangs out with him so he’s cool. Still don’t have much info about him.

Yeah poor dude. Ippo was destroying his work left and right.

More lesser known characters that make you wonder where they went...

Team Aoki: Realized they actually work at Aoki’s restaurant. They just don’t have dialogue so hard to spot.

The Regular: I like this character. Mysterious and big fan of Kimura. Takamura actually hangs out with him so he’s cool. Still don’t have much info about him.
One thing that surprises me about the series is Morikawa hasn't had another HW or MW sized boxer show up at the gym wanting to train there so they can work with Takamura.

That's why Itagaki is there so it's one of those things that I would be curious why no MW, LHW, or other heavier weight class guy has arrived to try and learn from Takamura as they come up the ranks so to speak.

I just re-read RRR, and the contrast in fights between it and Ippo is stark. Even the big fight was only like four chapters. No three chapters burned just on walk-ins.

I just re-read RRR, and the contrast in fights between it and Ippo is stark. Even the big fight was only like four chapters. No three chapters burned just on walk-ins.

Mangaka for RRR wasn't about lingering around. Straight and to the point.

What a lousy ending to Attack on Titan.

<{hughesimpress}>

I stopped reading years ago when damn near everybody turned out to be a titan. Spoil me.
I don't even know how to explain it right now to be honest (the final chapter just leaked a few hours ago). So damn rushed though.

Guess I missed out. I read the first couple of chapters of Attack on Titan years ago lost interest never picked it up again.

Don’t really remember much only that there were giant things chasing people and stuff.

Guess I missed out. I read the first couple of chapters of Attack on Titan years ago lost interest never picked it up again.

Don’t really remember much only that there were giant things chasing people and stuff.
IMO it's probably the most overrated series of the last decade. But a lot of people would disagree with that take. Sounds like it's face-planted pretty hard and wouldn't be worth picking back up regardless.

Watched the two leaked Edens Zero episodes!!!!!

This is awesome and has so much potential. All the feels again already lol.. The musicssss. the characters, and the story ideas...

- No spoilers please -

AOT final chapter wasn't terrible. Readers got a definite ending plus a long-awaited explanation of the protagonist's motivations; but a lot of stuff was left unexplained, left for fans to wonder about and discuss. I am grateful for the manga and anime.

That was one series I could never get into

I haven't read the chapter yet but people are making it seem like Game of Thrones season 8 part two. Yikes.
It’s not as bad as GOT. Just too many things left unresolved and I fucking hate time travel.
The official translation is up now on Reddit.

AOT final chapter wasn't terrible. Readers got a definite ending plus a long-awaited explanation of the protagonist's motivations; but a lot of stuff was left unexplained, left for fans to wonder about and discuss. I am grateful for the manga and anime.
I’m still grateful but I hope the anime at least shows what happened during the time skip.

Back