Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v44 (RIP Kentaro Miura)

JBSchroeds

99 problems, and they're all turtles!
@Silver
Reaction score
Welcome to the Anime and Manga thread here in the mayberry. We've been an ongoing topic in this forum for more than a decade now. Feel free to talk about whatever you may be watching/reading, whether it be new or classic, manga or webtoon, all are welcome.

RIP Kentaro Miura, 1966-2021

EDIT: This is an old thread. Do not post here, go here:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-anime-and-manga-thread-v45.4199393/

Last edited:
Still watching/reading Manga from the 90s.....

Best stuff really for me

90s/early 2000s
4e412df3ab6b903bf0956ff83c58c4a9.jpg

1726317_Latvian_NewShowDetailHeroPhone_8de04c2c-f2e3-ea11-82a8-dd291e252010.jpg

shamankingfeature.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F01%2Ftakehiko-inoue-slam-dunk-film-adaptation-manga-announcement-info-0001.jpg

tenor.gif

Aw man.

I enjoyed it a lot. Hence the avatar. Like Batman but with giant freaking robots.
Yeah the animation style did remind me of Batman TAS.

Not sure if you could count this as an anime but I loved Spawn: The Animated Series and it's one of my all time favorites. It was so real and gritty and there was nothing childish or immature about it. They should have continued the series

screen-shot-2019-09-03-at-9.52.44-am.png

You can watch the whole series for free on Youtube:

Last edited:
Not sure if you could count this a an anime but I loved Spawn: The Animated Series and it's one of my all time favorites. It was so real and gritty and there was nothing childish or immature about it. They should have continued the series

screen-shot-2019-09-03-at-9.52.44-am.png

You can watch the whole series for free on Youtube:

Always caught bit and pieces of this one. Looks good from what I saw. The violator’s voice actor was well done.

Also:

New Solo Leveling. Nice.

I can't watch older Anime. One Piece was hard enough to get 100 eps into because of how shit it looked in the early days. it's part of the reason why I'll never watch Naruto.

Always caught bit and pieces of this one. Looks good from what I saw. The violator’s voice actor was well done.

Also:

New Solo Leveling. Nice.

I feel like the show could have gone far or at least up to around 8 seasons. Story is awesome and the art and animation is great as well. It has sort of a Jap/anime style to it

If you get the chance watch it at night after having a joint or maybe a drink and you'll love it

Been watching Black Clover. Enjoyable in a mindless shounen sense. But man, some of the art gets real shitty during big moments. Like its just blurry colors and such.

Re: zero is almost done with the second cour and has only showed the OP one time. I won't complain about the 29 and a half minute episodes though.

I can't watch older Anime. One Piece was hard enough to get 100 eps into because of how shit it looked in the early days. it's part of the reason why I'll never watch Naruto.
Kishimoto gets stupid with asspulls anyways and Naruto winning fights via Talking no Jutsu.

I'd say watch the Zabuza fights, the Chunnin exam then just read a recap and jump to Shippuden.

Been watching Black Clover. Enjoyable in a mindless shounen sense. But man, some of the art gets real shitty during big moments. Like its just blurry colors and such.

I enjoyed black clover at first but eventually I just dropped it and never had the desire to go back. I tried and turned it off after like 10 mins.

Recently finished The Irregular at magical high school. Pretty slow and not that great but something always kept me coming back. Also started JuJitsu Kaisain. It's not to bad basic Shounen and all that. I've realized now that fights in all these Shounen are just kind of whatever now to me. The characters\story is all I care about and if it's not good enough I eventually just stop watching it.

Sure you can. You’d enjoy Speed racer.

But seriously maybe you just didn’t enjoy the One Piece designs? Oda can go crazy with how he creates characters.

Most of the animation is well done Pre-time skip and getting better now in the time skip. Some episodes depending on the studio are lower in quality.

Back