Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v44 (RIP Kentaro Miura)

Apparently Bleach is getting a special 73 page chapter to honour its 20th anniversary.

Been awhile since I talked about Anime. I've watched a few series recently. I checked out Black Clover and The Rising of the Shield Hero. I watched about 30 episodes of Black Clover and it's a decent show I enjoy it. I also watched about 10 episodes of Shield Hero and its also good.

I watched 18 episodes of So I'm a Spider, So What? The main character is a little annoying but I do enjoy the rpg leveling Animes. It's alright.

I watched about 15 episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen, and It's decent but imo not quite as good as black Clover or Shield Hero.

I watched 3 seasons of kuroko's basketball, it's an interesting little basketball anime, pretty good.

Watched 4 seasons of Food Wars! and I thought it was absolutely hilarious, I loved this anime.

However, the best anime might just be the most recent one I've seen, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. If you watch anime and you haven't seen this, go watch it now. It's a space war anime with an excellent storyline. It has a more serious tone unlike a lot of anime which can be overly cheesy. This show is fantastic.

Rising of the shield Hero I really enjoyed. Black Clover is good but the fillers are horrible and I had to skip them. The show is way better now though and the last few battles they've had have been really good.

Legend of the Galactic heroes is really good. I can't wait for it come back but I almost want to go back and watch the old show because I hate waiting so long for more content to come out.

Apparently Vinland Saga got two dubs made. I didn't even know the show was being dubbed and I checked on that regularly with most people doubting it would happen. Blasted through it over the last weekend and it was great. I hated the way it ended but I kind of assumed they would pull some shit like that.

The One Piece anime confirmed Zoro has Conquerors Haki way before they should have. Anime only watchers don't get the hype reveal we got in the manga.

OMG I started Hunter x Hunter (2011) again. It's been so long I forgot most of what happened. Not looking forward to the Chimera arc though. All I remember was that they dragged out the arc to the point that I wanted to stop watching even though the biggest fight didn't even happen yet. In the perfect world they remake it again with better animation and then continue on after the chimera ant arc. Hopefully the manga comes out of haitus at the same time and gets completed so we can have completed HxH anime series.

Apparently Bleach is getting a special 73 page chapter to honour its 20th anniversary.
Do you know if there's confirmation when the last anime arc will come out?

Do you know if there's confirmation when the last anime arc will come out?
I don't think there's been anything released in regards to that, but people are speculating late 2022 or 2023.

Currently went back to reading Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers), but started back a few dozen chapters to get the memory of events going again. It is such a great manga. I am at chapter 303 and still catching up to where I left off.

On the anime front, finished up Black Lagoon, which was a great ride. I was looking forward to more seasons but it looks like 2 season is it. Now I am watching Godzilla Singular Point, and it is fantastic! I love kaiju stuff and this one has done a great job of story building. Characters are all likable, animation is on point, comedy moments are good, and the action just keeps me wanting more.

OMG I started Hunter x Hunter (2011) again. It's been so long I forgot most of what happened. Not looking forward to the Chimera arc though. All I remember was that they dragged out the arc to the point that I wanted to stop watching even though the biggest fight didn't even happen yet. In the perfect world they remake it again with better animation and then continue on after the chimera ant arc. Hopefully the manga comes out of haitus at the same time and gets completed so we can have completed HxH anime series.

I've given up all hope of HxH ever finishing. Hell, I doubt Togashi even finishes the Succession arc, which sucks because it has the potential to be the best arc so far.

On the anime front, finished up Black Lagoon, which was a great ride. I was looking forward to more seasons but it looks like 2 season is it.

Actually, there's kind of a mini season 3. Roberta's Blood Trail. It's a six (I think, it's been a while since I watched it) part OVA series. Also, there are a few volumes of the manga that haven't been adapted.

I've given up all hope of HxH ever finishing. Hell, I doubt Togashi even finishes the Succession arc, which sucks because it has the potential to be the best arc so far.

Actually, there's kind of a mini season 3. Roberta's Blood Trail. It's a six (I think, it's been a while since I watched it) part OVA series. Also, there are a few volumes of the manga that haven't been adapted.

Nice! I'll have to check it out!

Nice! I'll have to check it out!

The blood trail is on netflix atleast here

On topic golden kamui is awesome

I think we all given up hope by now, lol. Out of many of my favorites I really hope this is completed one day. What will come first. A 4th season of OPM (still no date on 3rd season) or new season of HxH? lol....

Currently went back to reading Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers), but started back a few dozen chapters to get the memory of events going again. It is such a great manga. I am at chapter 303 and still catching up to where I left off.

On the anime front, finished up Black Lagoon, which was a great ride. I was looking forward to more seasons but it looks like 2 season is it. Now I am watching Godzilla Singular Point, and it is fantastic! I love kaiju stuff and this one has done a great job of story building. Characters are all likable, animation is on point, comedy moments are good, and the action just keeps me wanting more.

If you want a good space anime watch planetes very enjoyable and depicts space in a realistic way.

anyhoo, if someone wants to watch an under-rated anime kinda of a hidden gem really watch armor hunter Mellowlink, gritty and clever action scenes with an 80's aesthetic what's not to like.

I think we all given up hope by now, lol. Out of many of my favorites I really hope this is completed one day. What will come first. A 4th season of OPM (still no date on 3rd season) or new season of HxH? lol....
OPM probably.

Hunter X Hunter is cursed. Geez Togashi just write a novel or hire someone to draw it. Apparently he has drafts already but he has to draw to the final product.

so after hearing how much of a dumpster fire domestic girlfriend is, i decided to check it out. watched it all over the weekend and i'm not sure if i'm disappointed or pleasantly surprised... it's actually good.

seemed to just be a tragedy disguised as a dumpster fire.

Yeah it's something to do with Ichigo being invited to the Soul Society for a ceremony according to this

That's what I'm expecting to find out. Now whether that helps Yama overcome his apparent fear of Yascratcha remains to be seen.

Does anyone really want more Ippo though? Dudes a trainer/fisherman at this point.
We just want him to get laid... That's all.

The One Piece anime confirmed Zoro has Conquerors Haki way before they should have. Anime only watchers don't get the hype reveal we got in the manga.
... Hasn't that been known since Saboady Archipelago? It's been shown that he can now coat his blades with it, but he's shown glimpses before.

... Hasn't that been known since Saboady Archipelago? It's been shown that he can now coat his blades with it, but he's shown glimpses before.
People have speculated that Zoro would have Conquerors since Saboady because Rayleigh has it, but I don't recall any glimpses of him actually having it. I definitely could be forgetting though. He has been shown to use Armament and Observation haki though and people have said he has a blood thirsty aura, but I don't really think that counts towards Conquerors.

Actually in Punk Hazard when Monet couldn't pull herself back together after Zoro cut her despite the fact that she's a Logia and he didn't use haki, I guess that could be a glimpse. But I'd say thats more just her knowing that Zoro could have killed her anytime he chose.

Edit: From what I can remember the confirmed Conquerors users in the series were(not counting movies);
Luffy
Shanks
Rayleigh
Katakuri
Big Mom
Ace
Doflamingo
Boa Hancock
Don Chinjao
Whitebeard
Kidd
Roger