Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v44 (RIP Kentaro Miura)

Got about 9 more Black Clover episodes until the season ends and then I'm all caught up with all my anime. Thinking what I should pick up next. May do Jujutsu Kaisen, but want to pick up something longer.

I heard this was pretty good. do you recommend it?

OMG did Season 5 come out for Seven Deadly Sins? I totally forgot about this anime, even though I really like it.

Its the best netflix made anime in my opinion, think it actually started the trend of netflix making anime.

In my opinion its very good but there have been people who dont like it as with everything.

I say check out first 2 seasons and see

(First season is like 3 episodes)

I need to go back and watch black clover again. I stopped after the witch island and the attack on the town after. Yep Seven Deadly sins came back for season 5 and it was one of the best seasons they've had in a while. Really enjoyed it.
You're at a good spot with Black Clover. Elf Arc was badass and the Spade Kingdom arc too (have about 5-6 episodes to go). There is a lot of filler inbetween the 2 arcs if you wanted to skip it.

Oh, so Season 5 of Seven Deadly Sins is already out? I got confused. I'll check it out next week when I'm done with Black Clover.

So I was basically expecting episode 19 level of animation from the Demon Slayer movie, and we had maybe 2-3 moments of that calibre in a 2 hour movie.

For the hype...I expected more? Demon Slayer is a cookie cutter shonen with amazing animation, but the movie was underwhelming.

I heard this was pretty good. do you recommend it?
Season 3's final episode has a very... odd... moment in it at the end but past that I love the series. I love that sort of genre too though (Underworld is a guilty pleasure movie of mine) and the games though so. Yeah.

I like it.

Started on 86 and Cestvs. Decent so far.

The demon slayer movie was ok. Seems like a overlong episode than a real movie. Great animation quality though. Ufotable always produce top notch art.

@doomrider7 @GSP4tw @Lavitz

Spoilers for OP 1012 are out , setting up the different battles and team ups left on Onigashima.
Lol at Nami.

Also the image of Zoro going to be a huge cross is pretty hilarious. Yeah we got the set up now Oda just has to bring it home.

Still waiting for CP0 do something. Think they might get moving soon. Strawhats and friends are going to be heavily injured and vulnerable at the end of this.

I can’t imagine this running more than 20 chapters.

I hate the Crunchyroll store newsletter.

"NEW MAY RELEASES!" -email
"Ooo, wonder if they have something for shows like Bebop, Jujutsu Kaisen, or like new Bleach ones as it's coming back"

Nope... just Ikumi from Food Wars in a bikini that would be illegal in like France even and other similar things.

Me:

-_-.... fuck

I just sat down to watch Black Lagoon after avoiding it forever. Started out kinda meh onseason 1 but then the start of season 2 (Second Barrage) was like "Hey, wanna see kids die" and I was like "Damn, I didn't think I did but now I kinda do."

I just sat down to watch Black Lagoon after avoiding it forever. Started out kinda meh onseason 1 but then the start of season 2 (Second Barrage) was like "Hey, wanna see kids die" and I was like "Damn, I didn't think I did but now I kinda do."

If you end up liking it watch gangsta its like better version of it.

Only one season though

Also anyone heard any news about berserk?

Why is Zoro a cross joint? Starting to think those aren't cigarettes Sanji smokes.

Like @Cole train said watch Gangsta next and then watch Jormungandr after that. All very similar to each other.

Jormungandr a bit less in quality though
True but it fits a very similar mold. Jormungandr also has that annoying thing going on of anime characters not having pupils which drives me a tad nuts. Well, they have them but they're not as pronounced as I expect.

Supposedly the end of Trevor and Alucard's story though they will continue use the Castlevania setting. Wonder if they will go for the "a Belmont becomes Dracula" storyline or not?

EDIT:
I started watching One Piece again after the time skip. I like Fish Man Island as an arc but it feels like a semi forced "remember Arlong Park and Alabasta?! LET'S COMBINE IT!!!!"
holy shit, you got a lot of catchup to do, but like anything else, one piece has a huge story, however this particular one is contrived. It's basically a flex for the crew, but the following arcs are amazing stuff, especially good if you can binge

Back