Television The Anime and Manga Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition (old version, use new thread)

Last episode of attack on Titan was Hype!

Decided to get back into watching anime after a 6 year hiatus ... tokyo ghoul seems good so far only on episode 3

Decided to get back into watching anime after a 6 year hiatus ... tokyo ghoul seems good so far only on episode 3

Watch first season and stop

First season is awesome rest are horrible because they deviate from manga

Also watch one punch man if you are making comeback

Latest Solo Leveling .

Deeper into the Tokyo Giants arc, Manga Deviating from the LN is some aspects. Jin Woo about to attack the Main Giant.

Google StreetView captures a wild Miyazaki emerging!

JJ-Kwong-02.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Watch first season and stop

First season is awesome rest are horrible because they deviate from manga

Also watch one punch man if you are making comeback

I thought season 2 was also great but not as good as 1. Still very good though. One of my favorite anime shows. Season 3 is just so bad though. I literally had to get online and google certain characters to even understand what was going on.

Promised Neverland season 2 started up but I haven't watched it yet. Going to let it finish before I get started. I have like 6-7 shows I'm waiting on the series to finish before I start watching them.

New Season of Promise Neverland is out on Hulu. Finally seeing what is beyond the walls and it's scary.

Maybe The Guyver? I haven't seen it so I can't comment on the specifics of your memory but it was available on VHS at the time, featured a lot of biological monsters, and has a similar enough name to GitS that it could be misplaced in a foggy memory.

Though Akira does have a dude that transforms into what would qualify as a "giant monster", and while he doesn't attack a city he does end up destroying a large stadium. So even though there's no real "head in a jar" Akira might still fit. Also, regardless of whether its what you're looking for, you should still watch Akira. Just know that it's weird and you have to pay attention to what's going on or it won't make a lick of sense. It's not a "watch it and fiddle on your phone" kind of movie.
guyver blew me away at age 10, not much into anime now but guyver and dragonball give me major nostalgia

BnQW.gif

found out there was a reboot which was okay because it went further into the manga (still unfinished wtf) and stuck to source material, but the animation and music was soulless compared to the 90s series

One Piece... really surprised who is on the roof and still standing. I thought Luffy was going to be battling with the Scabbards, but it’s awesome a Luffy and teaming up with Zoro.

The fight feels completely unwinnable and Killer seems like dead weight.

One Piece... really surprised who is on the roof and still standing. I thought Luffy was going to be battling with the Scabbards, but it’s awesome a Luffy and teaming up with Zoro.

The fight feels completely unwinnable and Killer seems like dead weight.

Killer might be up there as a plot device to make Kidd Stronger, meaning he is about to be sacrificed.

Either way its amazing that we've come to the point where Luffy and Zorro are able to fend off attacks from Yonko , From a strength standpoint point , Whiteboard is still the strongest, but Big Mom and Kaido are younger and closer to their Primes.

Back