Television The Anime and Manga Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition (old version, use new thread)

So I saw Dragons Dogma on my recommended list on Netflix, but I only made it until the dragon was shown. That cgi gave me flashbacks to the newer Berserk series.

Idk. He's been hospitalized for overworking before and the way the pace suddenly went into overdrive, I feel that Shueisha pressured him to end his series no matter how many interviews of him saying otherwise.
They're going to animate that final arc.

I'm digging Jigokuraku so far. It's been a while since I read a ninja manga. In some ways, Gabimaru reminds me of the MC Mumon from Shinobi no Kuni.

God damn. Ten years? Good run, boys.

So I saw Dragons Dogma on my recommended list on Netflix, but I only made it until the dragon was shown. That cgi gave me flashbacks to the newer Berserk series.
I finished the whole thing, but you’re right. The animation was pretty much the worst part of it.

Any watch Dorohedero?
Thinking about starting it up this weekend.

Half the show is people having orgasms from food so the gigantic bouncing boobs is pretty tame.
It's just the fact that the show is basically completely fan service and they still have her tits giggle like a damn brisket fresh out of the smoker makes me laugh

Any watch Dorohedero?
Thinking about starting it up this weekend.
I've watched all the episodes on Netflix and have read most of the manga. It's good, I definitely recommend it.
They're going to animate that final arc.
I forgot they're animating that cluster fuck of a conclusion. Maybe they'll let him rewrite it too.

I've watched all the episodes on Netflix and have read most of the manga. It's good, I definitely recommend it.

I forgot they're animating that cluster fuck of a conclusion. Maybe they'll let him rewrite it too.
GOD I fucking hope they let some re-writes in. The goddamn asspulls and uncompleted fucking story threads was ass.

Nice. I'm up to ch. 80 on the manga at the moment. What chapters does the first season cover?

Awesome new thread.

Some series everyone should check if you’re new here:
Manga:
Historie
Ballroom E Youkoso
Bambino
Hunter X Hunter
Hajime no Ippo
Zetman

Anime:
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Big O
Rurouni Kenshin
One Piece
Jojos Bizarre Adventure
Yu Yu Hakusho
Parasyte The Maxim
Yakitate Japan

I feel like a fucking dumbshit.

I didn't realize Black Lagoon was still ongoing as there's only the two seasons of it on Hulu.

Lately, I have been in to the historical genre of manga. I would say that I am currently reading several different mangas, or at least have the latest chapter bookmarked, but the manga that are open tabs on my ipad browser are

Kingdom
Golden Kamui
Kendo Shitouden Cestvs
Jagaaaaaan (non-history, horror/sci-fi)

I absolutely love the art form of manga. I used to read the mainstream comics as a kid (Marvel, DC), but as I got older it just didn't resonate with me anymore. My first foray into anime was Ninja Scroll, which hooked me. In most things, I preferred the Japanese market over anything else. In the 90's manga was hard to come by in the US, so I really didn't get to delve into it until around 2010. Ever since, manga is always a tab on my computer at work, or on my ipad. I don't have a dedicated office space in my house, but when I do the shelves are going up and my collections will be put out!
I was just catching up on some reading and remembered this one you might want to check out for historicals: Elio The Fugitive.

On a slice of life dramedy run:
-Usagi Drop
-Barakamon
- 3-Gatsu no Lion

Final Season of Attack on Titans is coming out before the end of the year. I just started it and digging it.

Back