The Anderson Silva Myth

stacrafty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thats hes the Goat?

Who are the greatest strikers hes beat?
Vitor?, Franklin?..... Leben?

He got beat on the feet by Chael, beat up by Bisping - the only reason he was in the fight is because of poor sportsmanship.

And then, consider he did all this whilst pissing hot.

The only reason he wasn't murdered by Izzy, is cause Izzy idolises him. So badly to the point where his team had to have a pep talk with him to take the fight serously.

Prime Izzy murders Prime Silva. Prime Silva got dropped by Chael ffs.

Is Silva even number 2?

People love streaks, despite them being weak opponents, Needs to be quality and Quantity. The likes of the resumes of GSP, Jones and Izzy.

No faux Goats like Aldo and Anderson.

Fucking Sherdoggers are so biased.

<{cruzshake}>

Thats hes the Goat?

He got beat on the feet by Chael, beat up by Bisping - the only reason he was in the fight is because of poor sportsmanship.

The only reason he wasn't murdered by Izzy, is cause Izzy idolises him. So badly to the point where his team had to have a pep talk with him to take the fight serously.

Is Silva even number 2?

People love streaks, despite them being weak opponents, Needs to be quality and Quantity. The likes of the resumes of GSP, Jones and Izzy.

In six months time, Costa might be seen as a weak opponent. You can only beat the guys who are available. You sound like a dumb casual by dumping on great fighters like Franklin and Belfort. Time moves on and context matters.

Thats hes the Goat?

Is Silva even number 2?

Hahaha, great post though, clearly you are very knowledgeable about the sport calling arguably the most complete fighter of all time and the most dynamic striker the sport has seen to date "faux Goats".

The part where you rate Izzy's (who I'm a huge fan of) record as more impressive than theirs.

I won't even bother addressing the Bisping comment but I don't recall when Anderson got " beat on the feet" by Chael. Was that in the first fight when he got staggered for a second in the first round before winning the brief striking exchanges in every other round including dropping Chael on his ass with a jump knee or was it the second fight when he obliterated and finished him on the feet?

The reason why Anderson was competitive with Adesanya isn't because of idolization, that's a false narrative.

Adesanya knew that even though Silva was a decade past the absolute best version of himself, he still had a large bag of tricks.

This "myth" that you speak of, was really Anderson's reputation as a killer that made him competitive in that fight.

Feel free to bump this thread and quote me after Israel’s 9th title defense.

I will be happy to pick up this conversation then.

I think he may do it. He has the skills and more importantly the MINDSET but until at least 5 defenses, preferably 7-9 let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

This monumental shertard pretends to know better than Israel, Romero and any of Silva's opponents :eek::eek::eek:

Xanax guy

tenor.gif

Silva never fought super good strikers tbh. That is true but his title defenses and the varied amount of opponents he faced still beats Izzy.

Thats hes the Goat?

Is Silva even number 2?

You forgot Dan Henderson. The same Hendo that just fought Rampage to a decision and recently knocked out Wanderlei Silva...who also went on to have a very successful rest of his career.

Anderson had a serious rib injury before the first Chael fight. How did the second fight go? Also, the Bisping fight was after, oh yeah, he broke his leg in half. Everything that Anderson has done or hasn't done since the leg break should take into consideration that he probably shouldn't even been fighting. It's a wonder he's still in there when most would've probably called it quits and a testament to his fighting spirit.

I agree that Izzy could've finished Anderson if he wanted to, but he didn't.

Prime Izzy vs Prime Anderson would've been interesting. Izzy is a better striker than anybody Anderson has beat. I would have to give the edge to Izzy, but never count out Anderson.

Prime Silva would wreck adesania, so cormier took easy with Silva aswell? Silva is just a hard guy to beat till this day i think the first fight with Weidman was a scheme the broken leg was bad lucky.

Back