The anatomy of a past prime fighter/athlete

I have and I know it's hard to let go, but fighting is different because you get punched and kicked in the face. I think it's harder to lose by KO and go the hospital than to lose a game of basketball.

I don't think that these guys, or many of them at least, mind getting punched in the face. All that they know is how tough they are; how much they can take and how much they can give out. I think that it is exactly like a NBA baller or a golfer even. It is just too hard to let go of your passion....especially when the devil on your shoulder tells you you are still good enough.

I suppose that it's their heart that makes them fight. It's their lives, it's what they've done for all of their lifetime. Kinda like it's with convicts who have been in jail for many, many years and when they go out they don't know what to do so they wan't back. And for guys like you mentioned it's easier to get punched in the face, lose or even get ko'd than just sit home and do nothing and just enjoy your life.

A lot of it has to do with trying to prove to themselves that they still got it.

However, maybe they just enjoy doing it! I played basketball in high school and I still like to play now. They like the lifestyle of training and competing.

I do get what you mean though. It's hard watching your hero's ear literally fall off in a match

Have you ever competed in a sport before? If you truly love it, you never want to quit. Even if you aren't as great as you used to be, you still love the competition. Hell, I played for the goddamn Wizards just to keep playing.

LOLOL Bravo sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back