The amount of people in this forum that think Stipe has a chance against DC astounds me

There are levels to this game. Stipe won a lot of times by the skin of his dick fighting heavyweights. The heavyweight division is just brutes with little to no technical skill. Stipe is a big fish in a small pond. The battles between Jon Jones and DC have pushed DC to another level. If we saw a rating above their head stipe has like a 6/10 which is good considering everyone else blows. Dc is 10/10.

What the fuck is Stipe going to do that will change the outcome from the previous fight? He can’t tag and run. Dc is going to pressure him and be in his face. He can’t pressure Dc with his wrestling enough and it’s not like DC couldn’t spring back up. He doesn’t possess the one punch knock out power to put DC to sleep. A lot of people have a hard on for Dc to lose. Look, the guy is a corny tool and bully. But the fact of the matter is the heavyweight division is a JOKE. Between flyweight and heavyweight its hard to pick whats worse. Dc at 50 would still prison rape the entire roster.

Stipe Miocic can knock out any heavyweight and DC is 40 years old. Miocic was champion and defended the belt, he's certainly no slouch.

Of course he has a chance.

I bet you were one of those people who laughed at Conor's chances of beating Diaz after he got finished early, or Cain's chances of beating JDS after he got finished in the first round. Joanna went the distance and came dangerous close to beating Rose the second time as well despite getting finished in three minutes the first time.

Every fight is different. Even being finished as early as the first round is no indication how the next fight will go

The question, is how big a chance

Stopped reading after that tired ass phrase you opened with

Ban

Agreed... levels lol. To infer that Stipe isn't at the top of the HW division is pretty fucking stupid.

DC is an incredible athlete but his using the patented Jon Jones eyepoke just prior to the fight ending sequence is pretty damn ironic.

Stipe has as good a chance as anyone against DC. I'm picking him to win. Could be wrong but DC is on his retirement cruise. Other than Stipe, Cormier beat the very limited Black Beast and a guy that is currently riding a 3 fight losing streak.

FyqDNz5.gif

"Stipe won a lot of times by the skin of his dick fighting heavyweights" lol. You make him sound like he's a split-decisionator. not a guy whose last 6 wins were either 1st round knockouts or prolonged sonnings. But then, the exaggeration is in line with how you underrate Stipe and underestimate the inherent volatility of heavyweight fighting. So I won't argue against you, I'll merely pity you for being equipped with faulty yardsticks with which to measure reality.

Bet on it then...

Thats what I thought little bitch.

<209Bitch>

Fans are retards. Before the first fight nobody (my dumb ass included) was giving DC a chance.

Now the same shit with Stipe.

Prob gonna be a lot closer than the last one

Maybe if Stipe had fought I could have seen something that would make me think the rematch would go any differently.

But he hasn't, so I haven't, so I don't.

This is DC's fight to lose.

Stipe simply is a good, yet not phenomenal in anything HW.

Just look @ his record post being KOed by Struve- literally fought a bunch of ancient, damaged dudes.

I’m enjoying this Stipe has one punch power rhetoric. I’m not saying he doesn’t hit hard but his power is being overstated a touch.

Just about any heavyweight can put another heavyweight down with a clean power strike that the other doesn’t see coming. This is true at just about any weight class. The difference maker is usually the ability to deliver the punch.

Stipe’s attack isn’t diverse enough to get a clean opening on DC and he doesn’t hit hard enough to put down a ready DC. DC isn’t chinny, he does a great job of rarely exposing his chin, and he isn’t completely worn yet.

Unless DC makes a mistake, Stipe is shit out of luck.

you can look at DC that way...or you can look at DC this way:

- 15-0 at HW
- 7-1 at LHW, losing only to the GOAT LHW (some would argue GOAT overall)
- stopped Stipe in the 1st round less than 1yr ago.

Or you can understand that reality lies somewhere between, you know, like intelligent people do....

DC is undoubtedly the "better fighter"

But at Heavyweight it just takes 1 shot to change a fight drastically or immediately end it. Stipe is more than capable of that.

Even if Stipe has a punchers chance, he still has a legit chance. Although imo it's a lot closer than one guy having a punchers chance
A puncher's chance, but he was easily winning the first fight until the criminal eyepoke followed by a lucky punch... Curious, huh?

This time will be no different, the only difference will be Cormier being KTFOed. FREE WIN for Stipe.

WAR STIPE!!

Stipe is the better boxer, former golden gloves boxing champ, but not by much. DC is the better wrestler, but again, not by such a margin that he will toss Stipe around. It's a good fight. I was heartbroken after the first fight, but it happens. I wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way this time.

Or you can understand that reality lies somewhere between, you know, like intelligent people do....

lol - my point was simply that you can frame it however you want to suit your argument.

as for 'reality', I stated facts about his fighting record, including the most relevant point of all, their rather recent head-to-head result...the other poster commented on his appearance, subective 'stiff' assessment, 'almosts', and MMA math.

Astound seems really hyperbolic. I mean, I can see someone favoring DC. But even at that, not by much. Stipe is a damn good fighter.

Back