The amount of people in this forum that think Stipe has a chance against DC astounds me

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There are levels to this game. Stipe won a lot of times by the skin of his dick fighting heavyweights. The heavyweight division is just brutes with little to no technical skill. Stipe is a big fish in a small pond. The battles between Jon Jones and DC have pushed DC to another level. If we saw a rating above their head stipe has like a 6/10 which is good considering everyone else blows. Dc is 10/10.

What the fuck is Stipe going to do that will change the outcome from the previous fight? He can’t tag and run. Dc is going to pressure him and be in his face. He can’t pressure Dc with his wrestling enough and it’s not like DC couldn’t spring back up. He doesn’t possess the one punch knock out power to put DC to sleep. A lot of people have a hard on for Dc to lose. Look, the guy is a corny tool and bully. But the fact of the matter is the heavyweight division is a JOKE. Between flyweight and heavyweight its hard to pick whats worse. Dc at 50 would still prison rape the entire roster.

Stopped reading after that tired ass phrase you opened with

Ban

I would not be shocked if Stipe came back better than ever. He obviously knows how he fell short teh last time, and would have trained not for that to happen again.

stipe is a heavyweight of course he has a chance, dc got lit up by jones chiken leg headkick what makes you think he is invincible?

If DC wasn't 40 I'd agree, the passage of 2 years is something that favors Stipe though at this age, DC was already five inches shorter. I find people's opinions on Ngannou changing after the Cain fight to be more nonsensical, no real reason for that to happen, that fight proved nothing we didn't know before when he lost to Stipe.

Agree with overall sentiment about DC's superiority to HW. But most any elite 205'er would roll in and decimate that division save a few guys.

DC is undoubtedly the "better fighter"

But at Heavyweight it just takes 1 shot to change a fight drastically or immediately end it. Stipe is more than capable of that.

Even if Stipe has a punchers chance, he still has a legit chance. Although imo it's a lot closer than one guy having a punchers chance

DC is the rightful favourite, but it’s a fight. At HW. No such thing as a lock.

ANYTHING can happen in mma. Stipe DOES have a chance, just not a very good one. Imo DC will take it and it wont take him 5 rounds but it wouldnt blow my mind if Stipe won. It wouldnt be a Serra/GSP type of upset.

40 years old. Everyone loses it eventually. DC is already older than when most people lose it. Has DC lost it? Maybe not, but its not crazy to think its a realistic possibility.

I would not be shocked if Stipe came back better than ever. He obviously knows how he fell short teh last time, and would have trained not for that to happen again.
yeah but I'm sure safety goggles are prohibited during the fight

yeah but I'm sure safety goggles are prohibited during the fight
giphy.gif

0826-daniel-cormierbackgrid-02-1200x630.jpg

I just dont see this guy as the best HW MMA in the world, the dude is fat, he's very stiff in the way he moves especially for a short HW. Besides Jones he has was nearly finished by Gustafsson, also Rumble stunned pretty good. The guy is not unbeatable, I think Stipe is better than Gustafsson, and Gustafsson did quite well against DC.

I just dont see this guy as the best HW MMA in the world, the dude is fat, he's very stiff in the way he moves especially for a short HW. Besides Jones he has was nearly finished by Gustafsson, also Rumble stunned pretty good. The guy is not unbeatable, I think Stipe is better than Gustafsson, and Gustafsson did quite well against DC.

Stopped reading after that tired ass phrase you opened with

Ban
I agree. Ban attention seeking moron's who cant think of an actual thought provoking thread to start.

you can look at DC that way...or you can look at DC this way:

- 15-0 at HW
- 7-1 at LHW, losing only to the GOAT LHW (some would argue GOAT overall)
- stopped Stipe in the 1st round less than 1yr ago.

Stipe really took it to DC early, he was coming forward aggressively and hit DC with some heavy shots that would have put anyone else on the canvas. I think Stipe underestimated DC's granite chin, conditioning and KO power. He got sloppy and paid for it. Even DC acknowledges that the rematch is going to be a whole different ball game and expects Stipe to be 'a better version of himself'. I expect the same, it's gonna be a fun fight.

Stipe got poked badly in the eye. That was a game changer.

Stipe will be ready for Cormier's speed this time around. he has already been in there with DC which is a huge advantage.

the ref will address the eyepokes so that takes away a weapon from cheap shot cormier.

Stipe has one shot ko power combined with pretty decent boxing. He's also bigger and more athletic than Cormier.

Easy money is on Stipe. I will be surprised if he doesnt flatten DC within two rounds.

Also if Daniel Cormier was any shorter, other heavyweights should be allowed to fight him with Raid.

Back