The American Military Dream

wut? Napoleon was born in a privileged family and he attended a military academy to be an artillery officer

To his credit though, he was just barely privileged compared to those around above him. And there were lots of people above him.

And he did get wounded once in battle.

By the time an enlisted guy transitions to officer, he has already been in for many years. In the Navy they usually retire as Lieutenants.

High ranking officers are typically well-educated from good schools and therefore often come from an upper class upbringing.

I doubt that.

the swap could happen as fast as unit armories can issue weapons because the 17,000 M4s needed to outfit infantrymen who don't already use one are in the current inventory,

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/sto...ndorse-infantry-plan--ditch-m16--m4/30145257/

well damn

Once approved, the swap could happen as fast as unit armories can issue weapons because the 17,000 M4s needed to outfit infantrymen who don't already use one are in the current inventory, said Barb Hamby, a Systems Command spokeswoman. Thus, officials described the move as an "improved capability for the infantry at no additional cost.

That doesn't make any sense. There's literally no disadvantage to switching to a shorter, lighter weapon. The difference in range and accuracy is negligible.

The military is a meritocracy. If you're good at your job you will move up fast.

In a perfect world, yes, but there are still instances of the "good ol boy" system.

I know people who went E-1 to E-5, then got into the Academy, graduated and are now O-1 or O-2 and moving up. And there is the STA-21 (Seaman-to-Admiral) program. So it can be done.

The American Military Dream...

I just don't get why people talk about the military in a positive tone. It's the modern day mafia. It extorts taxpayer dollars from the working public, wastes it on criminals, and kills people for profit. Think about it. How can someone be a good human being if they want to be apart of a system where others are forced by law to obey and show them respect? It just makes no fucking sense.

I just don't get why people talk about the military in a positive tone. It's the modern day mafia. It extorts taxpayer dollars from the working public, wastes it on criminals, and kills people for profit. Think about it. How can someone be a good human being if they want to be apart of a system where others are forced by law to obey and show them respect? It just makes no fucking sense.

Ahhhh I was waiting for you to weigh in on the topic.

West Point has some serious benefits for officers. Lots of West Pointers look out of each other and when they are doing your OER, that makes a huge difference.

As far as the Green to Gold guys (enlisted to Officer) they usually get topped out due to age.

Here we go

Exactly, those that push the war issue are usually hired guns that own companies tied to wars or uneducated people that got duped into thinking war is always necessary at every turn. :icon_chee

I imagine you tearing up as you wrote this. Thinking of what could have been...if only you could have had the intestinal fortitude to make it through basic training. It's all gone, Mike! All those dreams of what could have been.

Do you still have nightmares of being held prisoner in basic?

I imagine you tearing up as you wrote this. Thinking of what could have been...if only you could have had the intestinal fortitude to make it through basic training. It's all gone, Mike! All those dreams of what could have been.

I didn't WANT to do it. How hard is that to understand? I couldn't believe it was legal to keep people prisoner AND demand productivity. And for what? To go fight BS wars?

Do you still have nightmares of being held prisoner in basic?

Sometimes. I still do not understand how that BS is legal.

Lol at all the people talking about the military that dont know anything about it.

hahahahahhaha that guys so pathetic im not even sure hes real. but then i saw a couple other threads he made where he wrote a whole page in the op so im not sure...

" No evidence shows that officers who attended civilian colleges, or any one of the U.S. Senior Military Colleges such as the Citadel, are lesser leaders than their service-academy colleagues. Tom Ricks, a Pulitzer Prize-winning defense journalist, put it succinctly:

Past O6 you're just a politician, generally. So all of those same rules apply.

Also I'm impressed with this ArmyMike troll. He's having a field day with you boyos

Also I'm impressed with this ArmyMike troll. He's having a field day with you boyos

Are you familiar with his previous threads and posts?

Sometimes. I still do not understand how that BS is legal.

You signed up of your own free will, if we're to believe your horrible, BS story. You even signed a contract. It's pretty cool, it's like this whole "binding legal agreement" thingy.

I don't think he's a troll, just a confused and obviously depressed young man. Google the name and you'll find he's active elsewhere online as well, saying the exact same thing.

Back