The American Left will once again become anti-military after Obama leaves

No, and it's an area liberals are right to be upset up in terms of him not delivering on his promise.

Now do you have a point to make?
Is torture not a war crime?

So you have to be a liberal to be against gassing innocent children?

Disgusting. America has lost its way....

Read up on reality sometime.... Not everything is binary
Feel free to take up arms yourself and go fight Assad in Syria or ISIS in Iraq. Nothing's stopping you.

I've no idea why we haven't seen much of them( anti-war protesters ) in the last 8 years...hypocrisy I guess. Or fanatical ideologues.

I think a big part of it is that more Soldiers have stayed home under Obama. I served in OIF, and at that point in time The Military and every town/city's national Guard and Reserve unit were rotating through Iraq and Afghanistan.

A friend I went to school with did 5 year long tours under the Bush Administration. Obama still has his dick in there, but he's doing it in a fashion that keeps more troops home.

Leftists only advocate war when there's supposed virtue involved.

They've been led to believe the Russians are a big bad oligarchy set on destabilizing the US, hence they're all for sending more young Americans to die for their vile rationale.

I think a big part of it is that more Soldiers have stayed home under Obama. I served in OIF, and at that point in time The Military and every town/city's national Guard and Reserve unit were rotating through Iraq and Afghanistan.

A friend I went to school with did 5 year long tours under the Bush Administration. Obama still has his dick in there, but he's doing it in a fashion that keeps more troops home.

Right, but I don't think that the whole driving force behind all those anti-war protests was a concern for American servicemen. In fact, it seemed that the vast majority of protesters had nothing but hatred and contempt for anyone who served "you murder brown people for oil!" Their concern was for the people in the region being affected by the fighting. Thousands upon thousands would block the streets and burn GW Bush in effigy.

Then Obama gets in and......nothing. Sure the bulk of the US troops have been pulled from the region, but it's not like the war stopped over there. So the Obama administration arms "moderate" rebels and kills civilians with drone strikes, and the "right side of history" crowd doesn't give a shit. I'm thinking all those protests a decade ago were more anti-Republican party rather than anti-war.

'member when NION and ANSWER and other hangers on like Code Pink, various Marxist organizations and of course Islamists and other muslims used to protest wars and acts of aggression by the US?

Let's remember the Left wasn't protesting because of the possibility of losing American lives, they were protesting to save the lives of the innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Those of you who are old enough to remember and paid attention, our awesome news organizations used to have soldier death counters, to, you know, make it hit home.

Obama's proxy wars and aggressions in Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Egypt, Syria and Ukraine, nevermind what's going on in Iraq and Afghanistan, have created millions of displaced from civilians on 3 continents with hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths.

I've no idea why we haven't seen much of them( anti-war protesters ) in the last 8 years...hypocrisy I guess. Or fanatical ideologues.

Arab Spring ya'll!!

717aa52f8f1caa37df33e33efd767a18.jpg
This is one of the only bloggy OP's I've ever found tolerable for the simple fact it recalls a concrete media truth that I DO very much recall, and did rather coincidentally go away.

Thanks for your service btw. I agree with what you say, Obama's been taking/keeping more soldiers home. Though, regardless of how I thought we shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place, I honestly think that Obama pulled out too fast and created a vacuum like he did in Libya.

But my premise is the hypocrisy of the supposed anti-war'ers.

This is one of the only bloggy OP's I've ever found tolerable for the simple fact it recalls a concrete media truth that I DO very much recall, and did rather coincidentally go away.

Best backhanded compliment I've received on here. Thanks boss.

the vast majority of americans, from the right and left, are completely clueless about obama's drone war. about the level of bombing that is taking place in the middle east.

so.....most of the left didnt even realize that there was anything to protest against. most on the right think obama has "done nothing" to fight there etc etc "wimp" blah blah

Everyone I work with did a tour under Obama. And we knew we would do at least 2 more under Hillary.

The left will be antiwar on anything trump does all while wanting to go to war with Russia for them (supposedly) telling Hilllarys secrets.

In preparation for the protests to come by the usual suspects, let's remind everyone that over 100k deaths in Iraq are deplorable.

Let us also remember that Obama's support/training/funding/arming of the " rebels " / Islamists in Syria have produced 4x the amount and are acceptable as long as Al-Assad is removed....because you know, tyranny and such.

Lest we forget the secular Libya that was planned. Great job Hillary/Obama/Nato.

Back