The All Encompassing Drum & Bass Thread - Liquid/Neuro/Darkstep/Hardstyle/Etc.

I really liked all those tracks rocky..

Somewhat close to Dubstep but not.. Like Hardstep..

Had this one on lock almost all last week

Some wub wobble dubstep for your enjoyment.

HARD CANDY!!

Man love that Old School garage sound.. Some gnarly Chillstep..

I'm old.

[YT]lx9-fjlh7Y4[/YT]
[YT]IKoz7Jx1W5w[/YT]
[YT]zbgKfJ3ulKk[/YT]
[YT]ni2joG1LEJM[/YT]

who remembers the original version of this?

My ears are hating me right now...

Put this shit up LOUD and at 320 kbps. Hnnnnggg...

Machine Code & Broken Note. A combo like peanut butter and chocolate. Money!!

Because I'm old and you should listen to classics.

[YT]OaCMz0W3OeA[/YT]

[YT]gpquZp-y5EE[/YT]

[YT]QSJHnwRkQMc[/YT]

You should listen to newer stuff.

Nah. I'm out of the scene now. I was in it pretty deep for a long time: I was a dj and producer, a bunch of my tracks got pressed to vinyl on various labels in Europe, I was blurbed in K Mag (Knowledge), DJs from labels like Hospital and Knowledge & Wisdom were playing my tunes in their sets, I got an online shout out from Mulder from Urban Takeover, Ray Keith from Dread Recordings tried to get one my tunes banned from the internet (LOL!), etc.

I haven't been active in the scene for a few years now and I rarely listen to D&B anymore.

Nah. I'm out of the scene now. I was in it pretty deep for a long time: I was a dj and producer, a bunch of my tracks got pressed to vinyl on various labels in Europe, I was blurbed in K Mag (Knowledge), DJs from labels like Hospital and Knowledge & Wisdom were playing my tunes in their sets, I got an online shout out from Mulder from Urban Takeover, Ray Keith from Dread Recordings tried to get one my tunes banned from the internet (LOL!), etc.

I haven't been active in the scene for a few years now and I rarely listen to D&B anymore.

So basically you stopped being cool. That's alright I forgive you :p

What's this banned track of yours??

Not sure I'd ever fall out of love with music. D&B will always be spun until I'm dead and gone. What are you listening to mostly now? Have you checked out my synth thread? It's the bag baby.

Machine Code. Been spinning a lot of them lately. Machine Code is Current Value & Dean Roddel. Pretty fucking Hardcore.

Go spelunk THIS cave!

I'm old and so are these tunes.

My first vinyl release circa 2005

My Second one same year I think.

So basically you stopped being cool. That's alright I forgive you

LOL! I'm still cool! My wife told me so! ;)

I still have a ton of songs that are half-finished or 3/4 finished that I'll eventually get to but, now with a baby on the scene . . . there's not much hope of that happening anytime soon.

What's this banned track of yours??

I made a jump up / hardstep jungle tune that was heavily inspired by a 1996 song of his called Dr Wootang. It was one of the first jungle records I'd ever bought. I wasn't shopping this tune around, especially since the audio quality was terrible due to a hard drive crash (all I had left was a really rough draft recording); I was just sharing it online for free. But people really loved it and DJs started playing it in their sets (I guess can you can clean audio up pretty nicely with modern mixers) and, when Ray Keith got wind of it, he layed into me, called me a thief, etc. I tried to explain to him that I had been quite open with everyone that my song was inspired by his, and that I wasn't a thief since I was giving the song out for free. He told me I stole his samples. I explained that I hadn't stolen his samples but simply used the same samples that he himself had stolen back in 1996. (His song has uncredited samples from Ohio Players and Fu-Schnickens and I used the same samples.) He then told me to erase all traces of the song from the internet "or else" so, because I knew there was nothing he could, do, I used to Streisand effect to make the tune even more popular. ;) When I made my own remix of Congo Natty's "The Junglist", Congo Natty put it on his official Facebook page. When I did the same with Ray Keith, he acted like a dick. So I spammed my tune everywhere to piss him off. ;)

The tune in question:
https://soundcloud.com/kgbkid/kgbkid-da-lickshot-doc-1

My version of The Junglist:
https://soundcloud.com/kgbkid/the-real-rock-junglist

There's more stuff on that Soundcloud but it's just odds and ends. Definitely not my full catalog. I had a dubstep phase too (I know, I know!) but those tunes aren't up.

What are you listening to mostly now? Have you checked out my synth thread? It's the bag baby.

Listening mostly to bands like The Souljazz Orchestra, styles like classic bossa nova, and exploring genres and trying to remain semi-current with various other styles by downloading and (never getting around to) listening Essential Mixes and podcasts.

Haven't checked out your thread. Will try to find it!

Time to give this shit a good ole fashioned necro BUMP with a THUMPER! Probably one of the filthiest tracks of 2015

Drum & bass is in my DNA. I grew up listening to it from it's conception way back in the early 90s.<3

Holy shit balls, Bad Company are bringing out the next chapter of Book of the Bad
Have some Ladies of Spain to celebrate!!!

God damn Broken Note... Sick ass Dubstep..

Turn it up and put it on HD or 320.. Need headphones for proper experience. This will melt your face.

Back