The "Ali" law for MMA?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Oliver Clothesoff, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Oliver Clothesoff

Oliver Clothesoff Black Belt Platinum Member

Did any of you catch Inside MMA last night? Bas and Mauro were discussing how lawmakers are trying to get the "Ali Act" to include MMA. One of the powers that the UFC would supposedly give up is the right to MAKE THE MATCHES. That a 3rd party will decide the rankings, and that they would become the defacto matchmakers for the UFC.

If that's true, it seems like it would be a disaster for MMA fans. If all the matches are based on is "winning" then the entire entertainment aspect goes away. Seems to me that it would encourage fighters to "get the W" at any cost and over time we'd have top level Clinch and Lay Artists holding all the belts...

Does this Ali law thing really have a shot? Based on what they were saying it sounds like it might... If it does happen, what do you think the outcome will be positive or negative? I know there's some good things about the law too, but it just doesn't seem to be a good fit for MMA to me. What do you think?

Ali Act: http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/with-ali-act-a-long-battle-for-mmas-future-is-just-beginning

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. JollyRants

JollyRants Guest

Link ?

3. SkinnyWhiteGuy

SkinnyWhiteGuy Orange Belt