The AKA era is about to begin.

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
I think 2015 is the year the AKA gym in San Jose will prove to the world they are the best MMA in gym out there.

Cain Velasquez reigning HW Champ

I don't see this guy losing, he has the paste and cardio of a LW, but the weight and power of a HW. Cain will remain the HW champ for a long long time, unless he gets caught which is always a possibility.

Daniel Cormier will be the man to defeat Jon Jones

All tho I'm not impressed with Daniel's striking in his last bout, he seems to be able to over power people with ease. Cormier is a better wrestler than Jones, thats an undeniable fact, I think Cormier will be the guy who will pressure Jones down and throw him to the mats. He is 15-0, former Strikeforce champ, has been throwing HW around for a living. Cain Velasquez main training partner. Will be the LHW Champ.

Luke Rockhold is my pick at MW

In the murderous division MW has turned out to be, my faith is in Luke Rockhold. All tho he did fairly get knocked by Vitor Belfort, I think that fight ignited a fire in him that isn't ready to leave. Since, he has brutally finished Costa Phillipou and beautifully submitted Tim Boetsch. The former Strikforce MW champ with wins our Jacare Souza and Tim Kennedy, he is on the right path to face and defeat any one in the MW division, he has the height, reach, striking, black belt in BJJ, the looks, the charisma. Will be the MW Champ.

Khabib Nurmagomedov is too dominant

The LW division has a monster, and they call him Goatmedov. International Master in Sambo, Black Belt in Judo, International Master of Sports in Hand-to-Hand Combat, Russian Nation Level in Freestyle Wrestling. 22-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC, undefeated in 5 years. It's time for Khabib to face some "real" opponents. I think Khabib proved that he is top 5 quality at LW, and is currently ranked n.4 at LW. In front of him, you have Pettis the champ fighting Gilbert Melendez the n.1 contender, Benson Henderson former champ at n.2, Josh Thompson, Khabib's team mate at AKA, former n.1 contender, former Strikeforce LW Champ. A see a real test for Khabib in Ben Henderson, if he gets past russian prospect Rustam Khabilov. If he would win that fight against Benson, I can see him go for the title shot. Khabib imposes his fighting style, and much like Ben Askren, he doesn't care if you know how or not to strike, he will pressure you, turn it into a hard grueling fighting, and take your ass down. His boxing seems more sharp in the Raphael Dos Anjos. Will be the LW champ.

"cain will reign for a long long time, unless he gets caught..." thanks for that risky breakdown of cain's fighting future

Lol, AKA has been a top gym forever! This is just a "reloading" for them.

Frank Shamrock
BJ Penn
Josh Thomson
Fitch
Kos
Swick
Paul Buentello
Mike Kyle
Cain
DC
Rockhold
Khabib

This are just off the top of my head. They have been, and will be a dominant gym.

I think 2015 is the year the AKA gym in San Jose will prove to the world they are the best MMA in gym out there.

Cain Velasquez reigning HW Champ

I don't see this guy losing, he has the paste and cardio of a LW, but the weight and power of a HW. Cain will remain the HW champ for a long long time, unless he gets caught which is always a possibility.

Daniel Cormier will be the man to defeat Jon Jones

All tho I'm not impressed with Daniel's striking in his last bout, he seems to be able to over power people with ease. Cormier is a better wrestler than Jones, thats an undeniable fact, I think Cormier will be the guy who will pressure Jones down and throw him to the mats. He is 15-0, former Strikeforce champ, has been throwing HW around for a living. Cain Velasquez main training partner. Will be the LHW Champ.

Luke Rockhold is my pick at MW

In the murderous division MW has turned out to be, my faith is in Luke Rockhold. All tho he did fairly get knocked by Vitor Belfort, I think that fight ignited a fire in him that isn't ready to leave. Since, he has brutally finished Costa Phillipou and beautifully submitted Tim Boetsch. The former Strikforce MW champ with wins our Jacare Souza and Tim Kennedy, he is on the right path to face and defeat any one in the MW division, he has the height, reach, striking, black belt in BJJ, the looks, the charisma. Will be the MW Champ.

Khabib Nurmagomedov is too dominant

The LW division has a monster, and they call him Goatmedov. International Master in Sambo, Black Belt in Judo, International Master of Sports in Hand-to-Hand Combat, Russian Nation Level in Freestyle Wrestling. 22-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC, undefeated in 5 years. It's time for Khabib to face some "real" opponents. I think Khabib proved that he is top 5 quality at LW, and is currently ranked n.4 at LW. In front of him, you have Pettis the champ fighting Gilbert Melendez the n.1 contender, Benson Henderson former champ at n.2, Josh Thompson, Khabib's team mate at AKA, former n.1 contender, former Strikeforce LW Champ. A see a real test for Khabib in Ben Henderson, if he gets past russian prospect Rustam Khabilov. If he would win that fight against Benson, I can see him go for the title shot. Khabib imposes his fighting style, and much like Ben Askren, he doesn't care if you know how or not to strike, he will pressure you, turn it into a hard grueling fighting, and take your ass down. His boxing seems more sharp in the Raphael Dos Anjos. Will be the LW champ.

Dat Cain paste.

They have some solid fighters. I think DC has a solid chance of dethroning Jones, and I'm on the Rockhold bandwagon. Luke is legit.

Everyone except Luke will be champ

I would've actually favored Thompson in a fight against Pettis as well, but that fight got scrapped and Henderson had to send him to the back of the line.

Everyone except Luke will be champ

I wouldn't go so far. Weidman is the better wrestler, tho I think Luke has the better BJJ. Striking I would give a slight advantage to Luke even tho Weidman Ko'd Silva.

I think they will hold 3 belts...

but weidman is beast, ts

AKA is an impressive fighter machine factory... but why couldn't they do much with Fitch, Swick, Cung Le, Kyle?

Rockhold, DC, Thomson, Cain are no pushovers.

Back