THE ACCOUNTANT Starring Ben Affleck (Gets a Sequel)

If you have seen THE ACCOUNTANT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Critics' Reviews for THE ACCOUNTANT

Rotten Tomatoes: 49% approval rating (45 out of 92 critics like it)

Critics Consensus: The Accountant writes off a committed performance from Ben Affleck, leaving viewers with a scattershot action thriller beset by an array of ill-advised deductions.

The-Accountant-Affleck-Kendrick-101316-Dragonlord.jpg

Entertainment Weekly - The whole thing's ludicrous, down to the last loony twist, but it's also a lot more fun than Batman v Superman. C+

Newark Star-Ledger - Not surprisingly, in a shoot-em-up with a huge body count, nothing escapes unmarked -- even the actors' reputations. 1.5/4

New York Daily News - The story is well-woven, violent and complex for most of the duration, bringing in a supporting cast peppered with top-notch professionals. 3/5

Richard Roeper - Madness abounds in The Accountant, an intense, intricate, darkly amusing and action-infused thriller that doesn't always add up but who cares, it's BIG FUN. 3.5/4

IGN Movies - Ben Affleck delivers a subtle, intriguing performance in The Accountant, a film that's as much a character study as it is a showcase for gun battles and hand-to-hand combat. 7.3/10

Rolling Stone - Ben Affleck's Ridiculous, WTF Thriller Doesn't Add Up The last third of the film, where the explanations come, degenerates into pure camp. 1.5/4

gonna try to see this this weekend. Looks interesting

The Accountant is a film that is hurt by having one plotline too many. For a 2+ hour film, if they cut out either the Treasury Agent angle or the family angle, they could have polished up the overall writing issues of the movie. Ben Affleck delivers a good performance in a disappointing film. All the other actors feel wasted in their performances. ‘Less is more’ should have been the motto for this movie. While there are sprinkles of greatness throughout the movie, it’s things such as having nearly 10 minutes of exposition to bring the film to a screeching halt right before a Jason Bourne action scene concludes the movie that enables me from giving this any more than a decent rating. If Warner Bros wants Ben Affleck to be an action star in a new trilogy, they are better off waiting for the Caped Crusader to make his big screen return…without Zack Snyder.

https://society-reviews.com/2016/10/15/the-accountant-review/

Need a 0/10 Shit-tier option

Affleck needs to go away with his Boise 2 nanny and never return

Just came back from the movie. It blew me away. It was awesome. Batfleck was amazing as super autist. My only beef with the movie is that the twist was very predictable. I can see some people getting caught off guard by it but you can spot it easily. Also the main "villain" should have just fucking ran straight out of the house once he saw Affleck bonding with Punisher. Could've saved his life.

I thought the film was great. 8.5/10. I can understand why it might not be some people's cup of tea though.

I enjoyed it. Affleck plays a creepy weirdo well.

Been debating with myself whether to see it or not. That RT rating scares me. Then again Iron Man 3 got 90% fresh, lol.

It was a solid movie. not great and not bad. wOrth seeing once

I rated it an 8/10. I thought the first half was a little slow and haphazard while they pieced it together. But the second half took off and was great and it explained some of the things that didn't make sense in the first half. The twist was predictable but that didn't bother me. Plus, Bernthal is a fucking boss like always.

I rated it an 8/10. I thought the first half was a little slow and haphazard while they pieced it together. But the second half took off and was great and it explained some of the things that didn't make sense in the first half. The twist was predictable but that didn't bother me. Plus, Bernthal is a fucking boss like always.

Him being his brother and letting things go was pretty dumb. Im not asking he take his brother out perse but here is ben taking down bad guys.

Then Jon I guess is all forgiven for all his tirades. He was a ruthless killer. That part was pretty dumb. Big let down.

I gave it a 7 out of 10

Been debating with myself whether to see it or not. That RT rating scares me. Then again Iron Man 3 got 90% fresh, lol.

First off, fuck RT. It's just a giant circle jerk. Secondly, see the movie. It's really good.

Was ben affleck jacked and bulked up in this movie?

Just watched it tonight. Damn good movie. I never get all the hype about Kendrick'so looks. She's cute, but awkward. Tambor got fuuuucked up

Saw it a few hours ago. I'd give it a 7/10.

Affleck was great and I continue to be impressed by his recent acting. A bit slow at times but overall it's a good time at the movies.

Not a fan of the "twist," but oh well.

watched it a few nights ago. was decent. ive definitely seen shittier films. twist was very predictable. did like the reveal at the end tho

Back