The A level athlete vs the best mma fighter theory.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I read in a while n it’s obvious you don’t have much experience in sports.

we often see mma fighters come in their 20s (sometimes) even 30s n still able to develop a good/effective jabs.

thetes no way somebody who never played basketball developing solid dribbling/shooting skills in 20s/30s. Even if somehow a person managed to develop a decent dribbling/shooting skills in practice, being able to do it in a actual game with a defender in your face is another level. The slightest mistake n you lose the ball.

in mma you actually see guys who pick up mma as a hobby beating guys with decades of experience in fighting.
That's exactly WHY basketball isn't as complex you stupid fucking moron.

Because there are so few possibilities in a basketball game, you need to train and perfect them to a far higher degree in order to be at the highest level. When there are so many possibilities in a fight, you need to have a far greater breadth rather than depth of skill.

I have a black belt in Judo you moron, I played basketball on my highschools junior varsity team. you're a fucking retard trying to assert that there's anything in a sport that requires running and jumping for a ball that is as complex as the ground game of jujutsu or wrestling. It is objectively more complex as a manifold than basketball or football, that is not an opinion it is a mathematical fact.

"fighting is easier because you don't control another object" you stupid fucking moron, you learn to control the most difficult object, a RESISTING MAN who is trying to hurt you.

Dont reply to me, idiot. youre biased and have a low IQ

Last edited:
That's exactly WHY basketball isn't as complex you stupid fucking moron.

Because there are so few possibilities in a basketball game, you need to train and perfect them to a far higher degree in order to be at the highest level. When there are so many possibilities in a fight, you need to have a far greater breadth rather than depth of skill.

I have a black belt in Judo you moron, I played basketball on my highschools junior varsity team. you're a fucking retard trying to assert that there's anything in a sport that requires running and jumping for a ball that is as complex as the ground game of jujutsu or wrestling. It is objectively more complex as a manifold than basketball or football, that is not an opinion it is a mathematical fact.

"fighting is easier because you don't control another object" you stupid fucking moron, you learn to control the most difficult object, a RESISTING MAN who is trying to hurt you.

Dont reply to me, idiot. youre biased and have a low IQ

look soy boy,

The more you post the more you show how dumb n clueless you are.

How can a sport harder to master not be more complex? That makes no sense.

in mma, even if theres many different disciplines, you don’t have to master any to be a good fighter.

we often see guys with way less experience beating guys with way more experience. Sometimes they even beat them in their own game.

most of the time is thanks to their superior athleticism

When it comes to fighting more athletic guys can go far with basic skill set.

That doesn’t happen in other sports where you need solid skills

Whoops you're right. When Forrest was doing TRT for his fight at UFC 148 versus Tito he looked great. I forgot how awesome TRT was for the physique and how quickly their dad bods came back after use. But hey, you win since I forgot about the TRT days.

Not like the clean NFL players who are absolutely not doping. These guys are juiced to the gills and still fat.

Superior athletes simply have more potential. They have a higher ceiling because technique and skills can be taught, while athleticism cannot. So once the skill gap closes, then size/strenghth/athleticism takes over. Which is why the Gracies are no longer dominating the UFC, everybody learned BJJ.

look soy boy,

The more you post the more you show how dumb n clueless you are.

How can a sport harder to master not be more complex? That makes no sense.

in mma, even if theres many different disciplines, you don’t have to master any to be a good fighter.

we often see guys with way less experience beating guys with way more experience. Sometimes they even beat them in their own game.

most of the time is thanks to their superior athleticism

When it comes to fighting more athletic guys can go far with basic skill set.

That doesn’t happen in other sports where you need solid skills
"soy boy"? lmao you don't know who you're talking to.

There is nothing in basketball that is as complex and nuanced as jiu jitsu. You've clearly never practiced either if you don't agree.

Basketball is not harder to master, not even close, ~33% of all 7 foot tall men in the USA play in the NBA. That shows how little skill is actually required to play professional ball. You just need to be tall.

The reason guys with "Less experience" win is called the punchers chance. There's literally a name for it. This doesn't happen in grappling either. but overall technique is far more important in martial arts than athleticism and you have clearly NEVER stepped foot in any martial arts dojo/gym if you don't know this. You're a weak bitch bum with no skills talking about two athletic activities that you have never practiced.

You are wrong and all empirical evidence is against you and this wont change no matter how much you try to argue against it.

Not like the clean NFL players who are absolutely not doping. These guys are juiced to the gills and still fat.
It's common knowledge Forrest had a TUE for that fight. Prove to me the NFLer you posted was "juiced to the gills and still fat" or shut up.

I think some people in this thread were bullied by "ball sport" athletes in high school.

Didn't Brock already put this shit to rest?? He was an insane athlete by any metric, and the first time he fought a guy who wasn't 40 y.o., he got the shit kicked out of him.

The current best MMA fighter is an A level athlete, evident by the fact that both his brothers play in the NFL.

It's common knowledge Forrest had a TUE for that fight. Prove to me the NFLer you posted was "juiced to the gills and still fat" or shut up.

Check out the A-Level muffin top on Ryan Tucker. So elite.
BRO-0472200-H.jpg

Didn't even have to look with the words "fat" or "out of shape" just searched for "lineman suspended for steroids" and the first hit was a muffin top. For the record, this guy got popped twice depite the NFL barely even having a testing policy.

Did you honestly think that was going to be a hard thing to find?

Check out the A-Level muffin top on Ryan Tucker. So elite.
BRO-0472200-H.jpg

Didn't even have to look with the words "fat" or "out of shape" just searched for "lineman suspended for steroids" and the first hit was a muffin top. For the record, this guy got popped twice depite the NFL barely even having a testing policy.

Did you honestly think that was going to be a hard thing to find?
So why not just use that photo the first time? And you realize you're comparing a 320 pound man in full pads to 205 pound Forrest Griffin on TRT. How could I possibly win an argument with someone like you.

So why not just use that photo the first time? And you realize you're comparing a 320 pound man in full pads to 205 pound Forrest Griffin on TRT. How could I possibly win an argument with someone like you.

You were the one asking for examples of juiced up A level athletes with a gut. I provide an example and now you are crying that what you asked for isn't fair?

I didn't complain about comparing the most comprehensive testing policy in professional sports to a testing policy so shoddy it exists only for appearances. I just looked for someone so juiced up they got caught anyway.

The reason you're struggling to win the argument is because you're backing a false narrative.

You were the one asking for examples of juiced up A level athletes with a gut. I provide an example and now you are crying that what you asked for isn't fair?

I didn't complain about comparing the most comprehensive testing policy in professional sports to a testing policy so shoddy it exists only for appearances. I just looked for someone so juiced up they got caught anyway.

The reason you're struggling to win the argument is because you're backing a false narrative.
Or maybe because you're comparing guys in football pads to guys on TRT, lol.

Totally agree. Americans won't like this post though. They like to believe that NFL / NBA roided freaks are the best at everything.

America is GOAT. We created the internet and people love our country. Only the people who suck at life and or don’t have the opportunity to come here, hate.

But they probly throw their shitty toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing it, so no surprise coming from their weaker psyche.

You can't be a good fighter without having some athletic skill. Fighting is also multifactorial in terms of what you need to be successful. Athleticism is very important but you need everything else to line up correctly as well

True. We’re not going to see any pencil necks that are studying engineering at MIT become decent fighters.

Gosh cant we just ban anyone who make a thread about A-athlete already??? So tired of reading that bullshit lol

Or maybe because you're comparing guys in football pads to guys on TRT, lol.

I compared PEDs to PEDs for you. Per your request. So unless you want to make a case than pads cause a muffintop (spoiler in advance, I can pull photos to show they don't), it's apples to apples.

Back