Elections ***The 8th Democratic Debate play-by-play Thread*** New Hampshire

Who won the debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
<LikeReally5>

Tucker was one of many voices on the right that isn't in favor of a war with Iran.

I'll credit Jimmy Dore the deductive intelligence that it wasn't just Tucker, or even all the other voices on the right, that dissuaded Trump from escalating the tensions into eventual full-scale war.

Tucker bashed Trump over the drone strike that took out that Iran general. Its doubtful that Trump watches Fox News and runs foreign policy based on their opinions.

trump has said he took Tucker’s advice on no escalation. A few times. That’s straight from the horses mouth.
That’s why tucker now does it for every dust up.

And Jimmy dore has directly thanked tucker for possibly single handedly helping Avert war.

Last edited:
I wonder if one of the questions will be "How would you stop Bernie Sanders from hurting rich people?"

@Sano

Come on, that's not what happened. Buttigieg's caucus-night declaration was something like, "All indications are they we are headed to NH victorious."

I think that was a reasonable statement. Buttigieg had precinct captains in all 1600+ precincts so he knew he was in the top 2 and that he was likely ahead in SDEs even though the IDP wasn't reporting anything. Even if he only got 2nd, that's a "victory" for someone who came from zero name recognition. Basically it was a very intelligent frame on Buttigieg's part to get media attention, and it worked.
We'll have to disagree there. Claiming the narrative that you've won, which is what he did, before a single vote is tallied might be "intelligent framing", but it's still dishonest. It's not only his fault though, it's the media and the IDP as well. And what actually made it stick was the way results were released a few percentages at a time over several days, with sattellite caucuses last. Just a very unfortunate situation all around.

That is not going into the other shenanigans his campaign has been up to.

Why does CNN have Pete winning by .1 % 26.2 to 26.1 %.
No one knows how SDE's are calculated so I couldn't tell you, and that the person losing the popular vote by 3,5% would tie in "SDE's" shows you the weirdness of the caucus system. The Iowa Democrats haven't called a winner though, and they've said they probably wont. Pretty close race regardless.

Last edited:
There are so many errors and inconsistencies that they will need to recanvass the whole thing, but no not exactly. Sanders won the popular vote by 6000, second alignment by 2500, they are tied in SDE's and Buttigieg has 13 delegates to Sanders 12, but one is outstanding. Regardless, declaring yourself the winner before any results have been tallied is a dishonest move. It worked well for him though, with the media push.

There won’t be a recancass. Campaigns have moved on.

There won’t be a recancass. Campaigns have moved on.
I know the IDP extended the deadlines and the DNC called for one, but if they don't so be it. On the one hand what's done is done, on the other the amount of incompetence and errors in the Iowa caucus undermines faith in democracy. I think an independent review of the results might restore some of that, outside of what the campaigns want.

full

CNN is using bernie supporters to hate on Sanders lol....They featured comments that attacked down syndrome kids, etc and it seems like they are holding Sanders responsible for it lol.

Just more zhitting on democracy in the greatest country in the world.

full

CNN is using bernie supporters to hate on Sanders lol....They featured comments that attacked down syndrome kids, etc and it seems like they are holding Sanders responsible for it lol.

LOL, I guess the subtle jabs weren't working. Time to crank it up. Operation "Donald Sanders" is a go!

Holy shit the blatant homophobia against Pete is insane.

Holy shit the blatant homophobia against Pete is insane.
Where at? What are you watching? I haven't seen that at all.

I haven't seen much, but I do find the thought of a "first husband" a little off-putting. Kissing at the inauguration? I don't care how they live their life and don't consider myself homophobic in the slightest. Am I just based on that? I like a few gay guys at the office. Like more than most of the straight guys, so I just don't buy into it that I am just because I might not be ready to have a gay POTUS and FMOTUS. Yet.
<Fedor23>

Dore has been known for a long time now. Also he's not very bright and mostly pretty terrible, in my view.
He has really gone downhill, especially the last 2 years

Criticism of Pete = homophobia, dontcha know?

He's not a white male. He's gay. There's a difference.

Criticism of Pete = homophobia, dontcha know?

He's not a white male. He's gay. There's a difference.

it's one of their tactics
against warren=misogyny
against bootyplug=anti gay/homophobic
against kamala & booker=racist
against bernie=you care more about big corporations than you people with health problems

support trump=all of the above

I'm happy to see that I havent seen much homophobia towards pete at all. Maybe that lady who wanted to change her vote, but generally it seems to be a nonfactor

I think it helps that he doesnt act flamboyant or bring it up constantly

With 99% reporting, projected Iowa national delegate results:

Pete Buttigieg: 11 delegates
Bernie Sanders: 11 delegates
Elizabeth Warren: 5 delegates
Joe Biden: 2 delegates
Amy Klobuchar: 1 delegate

Current RCP average for New Hampshire:

Sanders: 26.7%
Buttigieg: 22.0%
Warren: 13.0%
Biden: 13.0%
Klobuchar: 8.0%
Gabbard: 4.7% (not attending due to severe depression over having less integrity than Mitt Romney)
Yang: 3.0%
Steyer: 2.7%

Holy shit, people should look at the graph for the RCP average for NH.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...ire_democratic_presidential_primary-6276.html

Biden is DOA.

That Pete surge is coming directly from Biden's vote.

Biden is going to come in under 10% in NH if Pete holds that surge.

G4wQZgZ.gif

I'm going to run down the street to my favorite Thai joint, but I'll DVR it and try to catch up when I get back. Looking forward to this one. They have to get the knives out tonight. Might be fun.

I'm happy to see that I havent seen much homophobia towards pete at all. Maybe that lady who wanted to change her vote, but generally it seems to be a nonfactor

I think it helps that he doesnt act flamboyant or bring it up constantly

True I think, but I am going to say something many will find controversial.

Black people have a larger segment of their population that has a real problem with gay people, than any other group.

Back