The 5th Element - what do you guys think of this movie?

And apparently Gary Oldman hates the movie too

Really? Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg is one of his best characters imo

giphy.gif

Really? Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg is one of his best characters imo

Yeah I thought he did a great job in it. Although I used to hate his character back when I first watched it. But back then I didn't know who Gary Oldman was. But yeah dude on the wiki page for this movie Oldman says he "can't bare it." And he said it was like having to sing for his food since Besson funded another movie of his.

On topic -I think it’s a great movie, from Mila inventing her own language to Oldmans performance. Good bit of Sci-fi imo

On topic -I think it’s a great movie, from Mila inventing her own language to Oldmans performance. Good bit of Sci-fi imo

Apparently Besson invented the language. It only had like 400 words in it (which is actually a lot for an actor) but I guess he taught it to Mila and during production they used to call each other up and converse in this language. idk man

Over the top and cartoonish. I could have sworn this movie was a comic book come to life. It's great by the way.

Where are the stones?

Oldman didnt like it but I consider it one of his more interesting roles. He nailed the weird with a multitude of tiny mannerisms. Storywise meh but good visuals and a great soundtrack.

I have no qualms with it.

Maybe even the last great Bruce Willis movie.

Edit: I lied. Both Armageddon and Sixth Sense were pretty good in my book.

Great lil Sci-fi flick. Loved it.

My fear is that they're going to somehow try to reboot/relaunch/sequel/prequel it. Davinci didn't have to repaint the Mona Lisa every few years, and I feel like it would have diminished it if he had.

Apparently Besson invented the language. It only had like 400 words in it (which is actually a lot for an actor) but I guess he taught it to Mila and during production they used to call each other up and converse in this language. idk man

I can think of crazier ways to get her to call me all the time.

The futuristic scenery was nice, but the rest of it was a bit weird... especially Chris Tucker's afro with a fleshlight on the front.

I used to hate it. I thought it was just over the top weird and couldn't get into it at all.

But I think over the years it's grown on me and I rewatched it earlier today on tv and I gotta say, I like it now.

What do you think about it?
Overrated and campy as fuck.

On topic -I think it’s a great movie, from Mila inventing her own language to Oldmans performance. Good Sci-fi

I had always heard/read that she was involved in the creation of it.

It’s a pretty good movie. I used to call my brother Zorg because he was on like a 5 year meth binge and he had that same haircut for a minute. Good times...

I don't think I've seen it since the 90s. Need to watch again.

Back