** The 42nd Annual 2014 Petey Awards **

I would've gone with Duane Bang for Coach but otherwise, solid choices. Lol @ Rinn Nakai. Not what I was expecting, but I can't argue with your logic. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Interesting read. Connor is good but you seem to be fixated. No way his coach is coach of the year

There should be an Eye Poke or Foul of the year.

Contestants can be Faber, Noons and Jones. lol

Noons wins it hands down, even though he was good about it. Faber's was absolutely unintentional, Noons' was definitely worse.

Good stuff. It was a tough year for the UFC and MMA in general, but looking back reminds me that there were a lot great moments..

I particularly liked the gif of Cruz celebrating. it captures such an interesting sports moment. I have never been his hugest fan, though I appreciate what he offers in the Octagon. But it is heart-wrenching to see him come back, look as good as ever, and then suffer another injury.

This was fantastic, thanks very much petey :D

Nice thread man, agree with most winners. There are a few categories I would change but overall a great thread

So many good fighters manking a run.

Yet, you've chosen the UFC "jester" (Aldo's words) for the fighter of the year.

And the Jerk award should have gone to Faber, who cheated to win the fight and seemed like he couldn't care less.

edit: my bad, I've read it fast (at work) and passed by the second spoiler click. Good choice.

Last edited:
shogun didnt fumble - he got kid by good footwork and a solid punch that is a common strategy to nullify over aggressive punches and unsafe leaning during moving forward

Regardless of OSP's footwork, Shogun's fall was pretty comical. Shogun deserves that award.

Also, excellent work Petey! I agreed with most of your picks too.

TS how much did pro mma radio pay you to make this stickied thread?

Lots of laughs! Great work, I agreed with alot of it too.

If all the threads on sherdog were of this quality I'd be up there in the 10k postcount solely from the thank you posts I'd have written.

Awesome. Just fucking awesome. This is why I come here.

As for commentator Brian Stann really surprised me in a recent event. He sounded excellent and very knowledgeable but yes Joe Rogan is tough to beat.

Awesome. Just fucking awesome. This is why I come here.

As for commentator Brian Stann really surprised me in a recent event. He sounded excellent and very knowledgeable but yes Joe Rogan is tough to beat.

Stan is one of my favorite fighters turned Commentators too. I like Kenny a lot as well, but Rogan is simply "the man". It just wouldn't be a PPV without Joe and Goldie. It's like a familiar friend.:)

Thx for putting up this, enjoyed reading

For quote of the year I would have put in McGregor's post-fight battle cry (or at least it sounded like it was a battle cry)

"If one of us goes to war, we all go to war"

or

"We're not just here to take part; We're here to take over"

That moment i knew i was on his hype train. gave me goosebumps ala Mel Gibson's Braveheart (different nations but what the hell).

Great work, I agree with pretty much all your awards.

Back