1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Economy The 400 wealthiest Americans last year paid a lower total tax rate than any other income group

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by PolishHeadlock2, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Yellow Card Yellow Card

Oh what about middle class people who go about their lives and don't hate Trump because they have better shit to do?

uppercutbus likes this.
  2. thehighking

thehighking Black Belt

The wealthiest people in the world make the rules and they control the media so they easily influence public opinion. Propaganda works just as good today as it did during Hitler's reign in Nazi Germany. I don't know of a way to solve this issue because it is already so strongly in place. How do you overthrow those who have so much control over the global economy?

uppercutbus likes this.
  3. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah Platinum Member

If you actually care about fairness in results fairness in code should be irrelevant to you.

4. Mcountry

Mcountry Brown Belt

This entire thread is about marginal tax rate as is the discussion we have been having...ffs.

5. Rational Poster

But now we have an even lower tax rate and even more loopholes... and they're paying even less.

How is that a solution?

ChainFlow and Higus like this.
  6. Headkicktoleg

Anyone else think it's funny that the article mentions raising 750 billion a year while we are 1 trillion a year in debt, yet mentions adding more expenses.

7. Trotsky

Trotsky Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

People that vote without knowing what they're voting for "because they have better shit to do" are probably fairly rare. Generally, if you feel you are too preoccupied to follow civics, you're likely to feel too preoccupied to vote.

More likely, those person who might describe themselves as that are actually like you: persons who do have the time to be informed, but don't want to due to maturity issues.

ChainFlow, BarryDillon and Higus like this.
  8. Mcountry

Mcountry Brown Belt

I never said it was. I simply said I'm not shocked. I'd raise it to something reasonable, not AOC stupid. But reasonable. And close each loophole as they are discovered. But it would be a never ending battle to get rich people to part with their coins.

9. Headkicktoleg

ahhhh yes you're so mature. The guy who thinks Cuba is a fucking paradise is so much more mature than most of the country.

10. Rational Poster

You know Trump lowered them even further, yeah?

ChainFlow and Higus like this.
  11. franklinstower

franklinstower Red Belt

I think the rich should pay more because they are benefiting more from a system that is built and maintained by everyone. They benefit from the collective wealth and productivity and ingenuity of every one that came before them and who lives now. This seems perfectly fair to me.

As a Christian I feel that the rich should pay more for three reasons. The first is the health of the soul of the wealthy person as many of them are spending most of their time and energies seeking wealth -- which is deeply sinful. This deep sin and mark on the soul can easily be mitigated and turned into a virtue by requiring that they pay more in taxes which go to help the poor and more needy. This way the rich can remain wealthy (although less so) and be guilt free too.

The second reason is for the poor and needy themselves who suffer unjustly often due to reasons beyond their own control. IQ being high among those reasons, and terrible upbringing being another reason (there are others).

The third reason is that it is in the best future interest of humanity to bring every family line up, economically and in terms of education too. The more minds we have at work making life better-- the better it is overall for all of humanity.

If you believe in God and the soul (I do) then you also realize that we are all connected in meaningful ways that effect our state of being and that the spiritual enlightenment that God is raising humanity towards, the peace, the joy, the love, and the bliss, and the endless creativity that pours forth from souls filled with these simply cannot be accomplished fully without bringing everyone up together.

We are our brothers keeper and there are really good reason why that end in our collective benefit.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    ChainFlow likes this.
  12. PolishHeadlock2

PolishHeadlock2 Absolutley Haram Platinum Member

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Are corporate taxes and wealth taxes not progressive?

13. Mcountry

Mcountry Brown Belt

If nobody was paying them...does it really matter?

14. Headkicktoleg

Maybe, but I wouldn't include them in progressive income taxes.

15. Rational Poster

Uhh.. if no one is paying them why did our deficit increase to one trillion after they were lowered?

Sano, hitcher, aitkenmike and 2 others like this.
  16. Ophydian

Ophydian Brown Belt

First, how do you know they are Dems? Both states have large amounts of Republicans. If they were fleeing then you’d think home prices would come down to match the exodus, they haven’t.

17. 44nutman

44nutman The Original Nut of Sherdog

Can’t do that while Trump is running Trillion Dollar deficits. Have you ever taken an economic course in your life.
    Trumps running Trillion dollar deficits and this Dum Dum is OK with the rich not paying their share. You make a great Lickspittle.

18. JamesRussler

JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy

Relax, nut man

SBJJ likes this.
  19. franklinstower

franklinstower Red Belt

Quack.

Sano likes this.
  20. BarryDillon

BarryDillon Brown Belt Platinum Member

Smaller government is a nebulous phrase used by conservatives to hold on to the last vestiges of a coherent stance on society.

Protip: It's garbage.

Sano, kpt018, Turtle Up and 7 others like this.