The 2020 Heavies Awards - Best Knockout of the Year - Winner: Buckley over Kasanganay

What was the Best Knockout of 2020?

• Total voters
For those who picked the obvious Buckley KO as their favorite, I am curious to know - what do you think was the second best knockout of 2020?

I find it to be a toss up between the Cody Garbrandt finish and Kevin Holland's epic knockout on the ground to arguably the best grappler in the UFC in Jacare. I am leaning towards the latter as being better because of its context, uniqueness, and the overall brutality of the finish. I was genuinely worried for Jacare after, although his age was a factor for my concern.

Which knockout do you guys think takes the number 2 slot if you voted Buckley?

For those who picked the obvious Buckley KO as their favorite, I am curious to know - what do you think was the second best knockout of 2020?

I find it to be a toss up between the Cody Garbrandt finish and Kevin Holland's epic knockout on the ground to arguably the best grappler in the UFC in Jacare. I am leaning towards the latter as being better because of its context, uniqueness, and the overall brutality of the finish. I was genuinely worried for Jacare after, although his age was a factor for my concern.

I thought Garbrandts was poetic in a way. He loves to sit down on his punches, and for his last few fights all people were saying was “why does he do that” “does he know what a gameplan is” etc etc. Not only was it violent and fantastic, but it was also a redemption story for someone who’s been struggling for awhile. So, personally it’s Garbrandt for me.

I think my next vote would be a tough choice between the slam ko, and Holland’s crazy punch he threw at jacare.

The Bibulatov one for me. Then probably the Khadilov one.

Voted Buckley because it was super athletic and powerful. But Dariush vs Klose is my second due to the back and forth war that was and just when you thought Klose was going to KO Dariush he comes back with a hail mary bomb and takes Klose out. And the OH MY God he did it! yells were off the chart with my friends!

Holland’s was nasty and I totally expected Jacare to win that fight. But Cody’s was so picture perfect.

I’m not a big Cody fan but he set that up so awesome and it looked so fucking great when it happened in real time.

tenor.gif

Hard to settle on a choice :D :D

I thought Garbrandts was poetic in a way. He loves to sit down on his punches, and for his last few fights all people were saying was “why does he do that” “does he know what a gameplan is” etc etc. Not only was it violent and fantastic, but it was also a redemption story for someone who’s been struggling for awhile. So, personally it’s Garbrandt for me.

I think my next vote would be a tough choice between the slam ko, and Holland’s crazy punch he threw at jacare.
Exactly all of this.

Back