The 2020 Heavies Awards - Best Knockout of the Year - Winner: Buckley over Kasanganay

What was the Best Knockout of 2020?

• Total voters
You may also want to put that 'II' at the end, it was their second fight not Mamed the Second.

Done. Thanks! <HanaKimura02>

Hope you like it bud. It just brings back memories. And hope everything's fine with you as a sherbro and in your real life.

I hope the same for you, bud!

@Augustus Caesar crushed it with the formatting. Great work bud

Thanks Zebra! And cheers for the honorable mention posted earlier. :)

went with Alex Pereria , as that face plant is priceless .
I wanted to vote Cub as that was a blast from the past

Buckley just might win a Goat kick poll......so not really a fair fight here. Excluding Buckley you have some great finishes as well and would be a tough pick for 2nd. Holland, khalidov, leavitt for uniqueness. I know I’m slighting the stand-up punchers.....:)

Buckley gonna win but I vote Khalidov

The winner of this one was always going to be obvious.

It's kinda crazy that the winner is such an obvious pick. This year was actually full of sweet KOs! If Buckley-Kasanganay had never happened, the race for best KO would be crazy close.
Reminds me of the masvidal flying knee ko. Sometimes it’s not just the KO. It’s the style and the swagger that goes with it. It’s the shock while watching it. This wasn’t a kick Buckley was fishing for over and over. It came out of noooooowhere. It was one of those ko’s where I actually let out an audible scream watching it by myself in my living room <Lmaoo>

There are some great KO's on that list, but Buckley's got my top honor because of the kick.

Look at Ngannou superior spot on incredibly accurate and beautiful form against Roz...wholly shit. To think people on here say Ngannou would do really good as a boxer is hilarious.

Reminds me of the masvidal flying knee ko. Sometimes it’s not just the KO. It’s the style and the swagger that goes with it. It’s the shock while watching it. This wasn’t a kick Buckley was fishing for over and over. It came out of noooooowhere. It was one of those ko’s where I actually let out an audible scream watching it by myself in my living room <Lmaoo>

I was sat there in my living room with my mouth wide open rewinding it and replaying it for a good 5 minutes.

Same here. My wife thought I was hurt and came running in lol. I was like no watch this kick!

Impa still has potential, he's only been pro for a couple of years. Very physically gifted dude. Seems almost too nice for fighting, though.
I think a lot of the up and comers are finding that being thankful, kind and respectful is a good business practice when you’re trying to earn your shots. Take Jon jones for example. I’m not saying he’s not actually that nice. But we see a lot of these guys come in so extremely friendly, the skeptic in me finds it tough to believe. Anyone can put on a face in front of cameras over 2-3 fights. 10+ you really see their real personalities come out. Well see. You could be totally right and I’m just over thinking it

Gotta go with my boy Cub Swanson. I really don't care if it was actually the best, but to me it was the best because it was so glorious seeing him to get a KO. That's my criteria.

ForsakenFaintHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif

Back