The 2019 Heavies Awards - The Shonuf Award (Winner: bigwaverider!)

Who is the Best Staff Member in 2019? You have THREE VOTES!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Round of applause for everyone who put in work to make this MMA forum work.

It is MUCH less hostile than it was years ago. Been lurking since the mid 2000s and this is the least toxic sherdog has ever been.

Everyone gets a vote :D

Kowboy for worst. He kills some decent threads for no reason and never explains why.

Had to vote for the guys in red of course.
giphy.gif

Kowboy for worst. He kills some decent threads for no reason and never explains why.
I’d argue the other way. @Kowboy puts in a lot of effort to keep the forum clean, and is one of the less brutal mods I’ve seen in my long time here when it comes to infractions. If y’all think he’s the “hard ass mod” you’re quite frankly spoiled. It’s a lot easier to ban someone and not have to talk to them again then to continually clean up their mess hoping they learn and become a better poster.

Voted for my boys
@Valhoven @Jackonfire @Kowboy

y’all do a lot of fantastic work here and we’re lucky to have so many great mods to choose from. No disrespect to the other mods.

I’d argue the other way. @Kowboy puts in a lot of effort to keep the forum clean, and is one of the less brutal mods I’ve seen in my long time here when it comes to infractions. If y’all think he’s the “hard ass mod” you’re quite frankly spoiled. It’s a lot easier to ban someone and not have to talk to them again then to continually clean up their mess hoping they learn and become a better poster.
Edit: respect to both for thick skin.

Last edited:
Although I'm a has been on Sherdog, I still love you all. <Oku04><{1-12}>

icon_cheers.png
Congrats Brother Rider!!!
icon_cheers.png

Your dedication to the scene has given you a well deserved victory!

ba-awesome-colorful-fireworks-animated-gif-image-s.gif

@Brother Jack you gave him a hell of a run for it, & rightfully so.
You had my vote as well!!

Proud of you, @bigwaverider. Congrats to our other top-three staff members of @Jackonfire and @Peteyandjia, we couldn't run this place without you. And to the rest of the staff: Thank you. Thank you for everything.

Being a mod is a tough thing : you see some aggravation and you gotta say "do i leave it? Do I mod it? Shall I give it a bit more time to see how it goes?" It's sometimes a difficult decision to want to let people be free to express their views and have some "combat" with other posters but also keep things in line without coming across as a kill-joy and heavy-handed and all that.
It's really a thankless task most of the time and the post-volume on this board *can* be insanity.

Proud of you, @bigwaverider. Congrats to our other top-three staff members of @Jackonfire and @Peteyandjia, we couldn't run this place without you. And to the rest of the staff: Thank you. Thank you for everything.

Thanks bro. "we couldn't run this place without you" I'll have to remind you of that when I am asking favors from you. :D

hWkIDda.gif

Being a mod is a tough thing : you see some aggravation and you gotta say "do i leave it? Do I mod it? Shall I give it a bit more time to see how it goes?" It's sometimes a difficult decision to want to let people be free to express their views and have some "combat" with other posters but also keep things in line without coming across as a kill-joy and heavy-handed and all that.
It's really a thankless task most of the time and the post-volume on this board *can* be insanity.

"do i leave it? Do I mod it? Shall I give it a bit more time to see how it goes?"

I think that about every one of your posts bro. Haha JK of course.

I didn't know what the Shonuf award was it should be 'mod of the year' in the title so noobs like me know what you're talking about.

Congrats to the main man @bigwaverider

Zf91pUo.png

....and to @Jackonfire for that second place finish

etKtxOI.png

...........and a shoutout to all the cops that keep the Sherdog streets safe. Hespect.

Well deserved BWR! Your dedication to the shoop scene is definitely making a huge difference. You have our adMIRation!

Thank you Inverse!!

I didn't know what the Shonuf award was it should be 'mod of the year' in the title so noobs like me know what you're talking about. Congrats to the main man @bigwaverider

Zf91pUo.png

Pure mastery is the art of surfing. What a physical specimen. If you saw that coming at you in the surf lineup, anyone would paddle away in fear. How come you shooped my package so small?

Well deserved BWR! Your dedication to the shoop scene is definitely making a huge difference. You have our adMIRation!

Haha thanks Otto!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back