The 2019 Heavies Awards - Fight of the Year (Winner: Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum!)

What is the Best Fight of 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like Holloway-Poirier II has been constantly overlooked because everyone's boy Holloway lost, I am shocked it's not even an option and Tony Ferguson embarrassing Cowboy is? I might be crazy but I personally enjoyed it more than Gastelum/Adesanya as a neutral.

We don't have 2018 fights on 2019 polls.

And for those asking for Costa vs. Romero, which fight would you replace on this list for it? Maybe you can start a write in campaign. Buck the system.
You could replace Tony/Cerrone for it. Surprising to see that fight made it on this list IMO, many fights this year were better. Like @Kahran said, Holloway/Poirier II was easily much better.

I feel like Holloway-Poirier II has been constantly overlooked because everyone's boy Holloway lost, I am shocked it's not even an option and Tony Ferguson embarrassing Cowboy is? I might be crazy but I personally enjoyed it more than Gastelum/Adesanya as a neutral.
I still think izzy/gas but yeah Porier v max was up there. I'm also surprised Jones v Santos isn't here those are my top 3.

Going with my boy Marty Usman over Colby Covington.

Luque x Barberena was the definition of a slugfest, super back and forth and a late finish. Adesanya and gas was good in terms of competitiveness (except the 5th round), but it was by no means a war like the one above.

Easy. Gastelum V Stylebender. Epic.

Back