The 2018 Heavies Awards - The Shonuf Award - WINNER: Jackonfire

Who is the Best Mod/Admin in 2018? You have THREE votes.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
The 2018 Heavies Awards - The Shonuf Award

Shonuf Award.png

Mods and admins. We're a part of this as much as you are. We do our best to keep things flowing smoothly without getting in the way, and some may forget that we are fans of the sport too at the end of the day. We love the community, and you guys, for making Sherdog lively and active with almost 160,000 posters. 2018 was a banner year thanks to you. As a wise poster once said, we try to keep this place bearable and fun. And now, your nominees for the 2018 Shonuf Award.

You have THREE votes!

The Nominees

Arkridge
307909.jpg

Our 2017 Shonuf Award winner has ramped it up in 2018, breaking more news than ever on the forum. He's the guy who knows a guy, or at least he plays one on TV.

About Romero or Palhares being the scarier fighter: "Romero. Palhares wilts when he gets hit with a little ground and pound where as Romero eats flush shin to chin head kicks and blows a kiss at you."

Augustus Caesar
410403.jpg

AC took it to the next level this year by actually moving to Japan, so that's as real as it gets. Don't forget, he won this thing a couple years back.

"I am surprised a company like duracell or energizer doesn't sponsor Guida."

chunglii
283335.jpg

Neck deep in about every PBP thread, chunglii will never miss a fight or a joke. Last year, he dreamt of Megan Anderson making it to the big stage. In 2018 his dream has come true, and that Amazon woman is kicking people in the face left and right.

"Jon: 'Alan grew up in the Amazons.'

Joe: 'You know they hunt monkeys there? It's called bush meat. Jaime pull up that video of those formerly uncontacted peoples slaughtering the lemurs. It's actually terrible for you, your brain gets prions and shit. I shot an elk though.'"

Dick
60595.jpg

The artist formerly known as 1PunchKO, but he'll always be our Dick. If you want to know something about a strangely named worldwide MMA event, ask Dick.

"Because critiquing another mans look and style is totally a manly thing to do."

Inverse
415607.jpg

Our everyman who spends his time split between the Boxing and MMA worlds, and
we hear he's a pretty mean gamer too. He's got something cool in store for the community this year, so get ready for that.

"No such thing as regular Brits accent."

Jackonfire
239202.jpg

Proprietor of our UFC play-by-play threads, y'all musta forgot how much Jack does for the site. And now, a guitar solo.

"Jesus Christ Cody. Just piss in a condom and tape it to your leg. I've, uh, heard that works..."

jei
323535.jpg

Transformed into orange this year, he goes wherever he's needed. And seriously, he wants to know why we're not doing phrasing anymore.

"He...unlearned how to say the word mid sentence. He said it right the first time and then it fell apart. That's miraculous."

Kung Fu Tze
39296.jpg

One of the proverbial "good guys" of the sport, if Kung Fu Tze were in a western he'd be wearing a white hat.

"BJ in Brazil at the Fight Night... Wonder how many fans will be waiting at the airport."

Peteyandjia
124172.jpg

Petey always calls it like he sees it, and he's one of the funniest dudes on this site, bar none. Whatever you do, don't ask him what he thought about "The Last Jedi."

"Nice triangle... Zero triangle defense. (he said, sitting on his couch, fatly)"

Slobodan
475585.jpg

Staying behind the curtain is what Slobodan likes to do best, and our resident Nicolas Cage aficionado had a bit of an identity crisis this year, changing his name more times than Prince (RIP).

"Some think that those punches he threw while Bueno was on his way down were unnecessary but Igor was simply knocking out his soul just for good measure. Never mess with Igor."

Valhoven
507467.jpg

Val's a true professional, and carries on with an air of sophistication that expands the vocabulary of everyone he's around.

"I figure Dom's eyes could be removed from his head and placed on a shelf in a lab. From the jar, fight foresight and analyses the likes of which the world has never seen will be had. Pilgrimages will be made. And Toyo-sponsored tears of joy will fall."

The 2018 Shonuf Award voting thread is now active! I'd like to thank all of the mods and admins nominated for everything they've done for the site this year. I would also like to thank the mods and admins who are not on this list, we still love you.

Some staff members declined to be included on this list, and other subforums can make awards as well for their own favorite staff members so no one will be left out. I wish I could vote for all of you, but I tried to do that last year and broke the poll.

Only one of them is worth voting for and that's Jack On Fire.

The others yela at the mik and wont bring back big chats

Until the day we get the names of the moderators who delete/move/dubs our posts, together with the notification that comes with it, im staying away from this award :D

<{ByeHomer}>

PS: im still unsure what happened on the new year card PBP. Where "someone" came back from the dead and we never really got any answers for it despite many inquiring about it.

Last edited:
I don’t know but I find they tend to stick together and back each other’s bullshit.

There were several examples where a thread was moved or deleted without good reason, and I’ve never seen a mod reverse another mods decision, so I will respect the first one that grows a pair and admits when one of his comrades was wrong.

@Jackonfire is the real deal - PbP threads are the best thing in sherdog and he runs them well!

@jei because he puts in serious work organising the shoop threads, and generally doesn't get half the credit he deserves.

@Valhoven is my dude. Always there to help out a Sherdogger in need.

Also @Kung Fu Tze @bigwaverider (who should be on the list, @Augustus Caesar and @Arkridge are dudes that directly benefit me as a Sherdogger. Good bunch of dudes.

Also, and most importantly... WELCOME THE FUCK BACK @shonuf - went 12 rounds with death and survived. Comeback of the year without question!

rocky-ii-560.jpg

Never seen or heard of half those guys and I’m on here every day.

Either way, much respect and thanks for your hard work to ALL the sherdog staff!

The 2018 Shonuf Award voting thread is now active! I'd like to thank all of the mods and admins nominated for everything they've done for the site this year. I would also like to thank the mods and admins who are not on this list, we still love you.

Some staff members declined to be included on this list, and other subforums can make awards as well for their own favorite staff members so no one will be left out. I wish I could vote for all of you, but I tried to do that last year and broke the poll.
Valhoven for giving me first ever, and well-deserved, yellow card when i was acting a fool. Worst mod to Jei for asking me for a source on a news item that I pasted from the frontpage of sherdog.com

Worst mod to Jei for asking me for a source on a news item that I pasted from the frontpage of sherdog.com
This is my favorite thing that I've read today. This happened months ago and you're still up in arms about it. I'm cracking up, thank you, I needed a good laugh.

I voted for Jei, Jack, and Arkridge the mod dream team a.k.a. the three stooges

Don't bhant me

yurvLCf.jpg

I'll go with @Jackonfire, always seems level headed and aware of what's going on, funny guy too.
Wouldn't have been quite so easy to choose but two mods got played by some arsehole royally which is why I have double yellows, influences the decision somewhat but yeah, jackonfire...good guy.

*** awesome job in 2018 guys... Let's keep it rolling.....

As much as I love petey, he has been notably absent from the boards 2018.

The same criteria I gave myself as to why I wasn't even nominated in the posters of the year (inactivity), I've got to apply the same thing here.

Akridge, Jackon and Kung Fu mixed it up pretty well.

Going to give the nod to Akridge.

The dumbest thing about my vote?

He might stand out more noticeably to me simply because Pineapple Express is one of my favorite movies.

Arkridge is my choice. Only a few I've talked to before (all in reference to yellow cards to be fair) he/she/it/gender-binary seemed the friendliest and I like his posts and his avatar is the least obnoxious or pretentious.

I've learned recently from my new avatar it does more speaking than it should and who doesn't like Pineapple Express.

This is my favorite thing that I've read today. This happened months ago and you're still up in arms about it. I'm cracking up, thank you, I needed a good laugh.
I will never let it go!

Back