The 2018 Heavies Awards - Event of the Year - WINNER: UFC 229

Event of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta go with the one that gave me the most joy..

1Ru13ay.gif
You are Conor fan

When I'm feeling down and need a pick me up I go to my PVR recordings and FF to the Khabib/McGregor fight and I'm good again.

UFC 229 for sure. Tony vs Pettis was so fun and exciting to watch, I love watching Tony fight, he is absoutley insane and totally nuts. And of course the main event seeing Conor get beaten up and wilting and quitting as usual. Then to top it all off seeing Conor getting lit up by some guys who jump the cage

When I'm feeling down and need a pick me up I go to my PVR recordings and FF to the Khabib/McGregor fight and I'm good again.

{<redford}

229 all day, the pre-fight antics the post-fight antics and the actual fight were all epic.

I went with 229. The co-main and main alone would have been enough. But the rest of the card was great too. At least for my predictions. All three of my picks were correct for the women.

I just really enjoyed it all. I iust muted the volume any time I saw McGregor talking.

UFC 223 wasnt that good of a card at all . It was a plagued card tbh with the dolly incident and allt the crazy shit happening that week it had only 8 fights as i can remember and like only 2 finishes.
BTW Event of th year might be UFC 229 . There were some other amazing events this year.

Last edited:
Okay... so clearly watching Khabib get the finish and then start a riot was the most fun we all had... and watching Jon win that fight after all his BS was a real nosebleed... but if I'm looking at the card as a whole?

Gotta go with JBJ v Gus II.

UFC 229 winning because of one fight only. I get it, but that's not what this poll is about. Sad!

229... Highest grossing UFC ever!!! Plus … Fly Eagle Fly...

Voted 229 but 228 deserves a mention. Top night of frights from the fight pass prelims right up to the main event (apart from Dodson Vs Rivera).

It probably isn't the best but 227 was an awesome event. Also Calgary was sick.
Far better than 228, Lee/Al, 223, 225.

The hype/build-up for 229 was the most rewarding payoff of the year for MMA fans.

Back