The 2018 Heavies Awards - Breakout Fighter of the Year - WINNER: Israel Adesanya

Breakout Fighter of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
clearly israel, although pico getting another KO on that mousasi/macdonald card was definitely him emerging

Future goat:
0_Logan-Paul-v-KSI-Boxing-match-Manchester-Arena-UK-25-Aug-2018.jpg

Should have been on the list

He looks like a ticker Matthew Mcconauhey

matthew-mcconaughey-audition.jpg

Where's Petr Yan? The guy fought in the UFC 3 times and went from a promising prospect to a potential title contender. Excellent technique and entertaining fighting style. I would like an option "Other (specify in the comment section)" in this poll.

There should almost always be an “other” option in almost any poll. But especially for one like this.

People might assume that I'd automatically vote Tatiana because WMMA...
But actually my vote is for Israel.

I'm actually finding it hard to chose.

Israel.

He will claim gold in 2019.
Easily Adesanya wins this poll imo. The guy is on fire and he is going to DE-STROY mah boy Anderson Silva :-( . Anderson pulls this off somehow it'll be by SUB or KO but I just don't see it happening. War Israel Adesanya!!
<{natewhut}><31>

From the ones that you listed, Adesanya easily.

Why is Volkanovski not on the list though, is it because he was already a rated prospect by anyone that kept up with him?

PS: Lol at Zabit being on there. Sure, he's hyped, but how can you suggest he's a breakout fighter when he's not faced good competition yet? Even saying that he's faced solid competition in the UFC would be a stretch.

From the ones that you listed, Adesanya easily.

Why is Volkanovski not on the list though, is it because he was already a rated prospect by anyone that kept up with him?
I think a lot has to do with his win over mendes just a couple minutes ago so it hasn't sunk in yet about how impressive of a performance that really was.

I think a lot has to do with his win over mendes just a couple minutes ago so it hasn't sunk in yet about how impressive of a performance that really was.
I'll admit that I'm heavily biased too, because I hopped in on that train when he dominated Kasuya in his debut.

Smith for sure.

He established himself as the number 1 contender with 3 fights in 1 year.

IMO Israel is nothing but a hype train.

A W over Brunson does almost nothing.

Tatiana Suarez, she is the most sure bet of any of those fighters to become the champion. Possibly even Champ Champ.

Tatiana Suarez, she is the most sure bet of any of those fighters to become the champion. Possibly even Champ Champ.
The way she dominated Esparza and handled Grasso was more than impressive. Many have already crowned her the future champ because of those performances.

Back