The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Poster of the Year

Who is the Best Poster of 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RIP ME APART WITH IT! RIP MY ASSHOLE APART YOU COWARD!!!!

MmAL_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Just gonna walk away and mind my own.

Don't know half of these people but whatever.

Voted for FrankieNYC, always has informative and constructive posts.

Also this whole thing is a sham since I’m not on it nor by dude Threetrees or DS7 or RexKwonDo. Sherdaaaaaah whaaaaa happen to youuuu

Also this whole thing is a sham since I’m not on it nor by dude Threetrees or DS7 or RexKwonDo. Sherdaaaaaah whaaaaa happen to youuuu
My manz BC had a very solid 2017

What up with the snub?<{vega}>

Hold up I just saw the poll and my guy @Myrddin Wild is snubbed? Report them all Wild. Every last poster. Mods and Admin especially.

We already did this thread and it was glorious. As long as Frankie NYC comes in last I will respect the polls results. My picks are Sgt Smith (for always showing up on fight day forums and being the most respectful poster on Sherdog, dude is not going to argue with you). Death by Samson (wise, calm, cool, collected, respected). paynebringer (just a straight OG who's not afraid to speak truth and rustle some jimmies that need rustling). IngaVovchanchyn(though she really is ice cold a like from her counts as 10 normal likes). Typrune Goatley (gives likes out generously and to the correct posts). Why is the Arm Barberian not on the list?

Didn’t really debate. I just don’t care for punk and bashed it a bit.
Suicidal and old Offspring is the closest I get to that but I consider them Rock.

“ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI, JUST ONE PEPSI”

2017 Poster of the Year

Hey everybody, welcome to the 2017 Heavies Awards! I'm jeicex and I'll be your cruise captain for the evening! Thanks to the great nomination thread put together by Meathead Jock and after ample discussion among the mod booth, I'm happy to present the 20 nominees for Poster of the Year! This is the first of many in a series of year-end awards that you will all be able to vote on, and we thought it best to start with you, the posters.

Here we go!

The Nominees!

View attachment 320537

@ArtOfDrowning
The first of several repeat nominees for this contest, he still lives and breathes the PBPs so you can find him there if anywhere.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT CHOKE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGHT MIIIIKEEE. HE IS OUT MIKE, HE IS OUT COLD!!!! Oh he just got out and he is fine....nevermind, carry on Mike.

Ahhhh absolutely Joe."

View attachment 320539

@Codpiece
Still one of the nicest posters on the site, you'd be real hard pressed to hear a bad word about him.

"That's funny. He is one strange cat. I'd love to shake his hand though, he's given some great moments to fight fans."

View attachment 320547
@Death By Samson
Consistently entertaining, I know two things if I see this avatar - a) it's going to be something funny and 2) I'd hate for that face to be the last thing I see before my lights go out.

"It was always obvious that T-Rex wouldn't ever be champ."

View attachment 320553
@Flex Plexico
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you make that thread about exotic subs or just let it slip?

"Pretty Much agreed w TS

JUST woke up

Front porch.

Sour patch kids and backwoods

I'm getting old"

422075.jpg

@FrankieNYC
Back where I come from, we'd call a guy like him "Frankie Numbers." You want to know about the ins and outs of the fight biz? Ask Frankie Numbers.

"I think what WME-IMG meant, was partnering with whomever they finalize domestic TV rights with and making the deal an umbrella for all content. That way Fox or whoever will promote the PPV as well as their own network airings of UFC. The way content distribution is fragmented these days, odds are UFC will air on various platforms and the juggling aspect makes it so much easier if all sides work together."

361891.jpg

@GearSolidMetal
One word, and you can probably figure out which one that is, too. He might not always be around the heavies, but he makes his presence known elsewhere for sure 100%.

"Criteria: Who wood you rather, when they were each in their prime?"

View attachment 320557
@goodfella69
Hans, bubby, goodfella69's your white knight.

"And this time, he means biscuits."

View attachment 320561
@IngaVovchanchyn
This isn't bizarro Sherdog feminism, Inga's very capable of standing and banging with the best of them around here. Phrasing.

"True. But if McGregor saved a baby from a burning building his haters would say he was trying to get burned so he wouldn't have to fight Ferguson.

There's plenty of stupid to go around when it comes to opinions on McGregor."

View attachment 320569
@Mark Zima
Speaking of feminism, if you want the latest and greatest of the wonderful world of WMMA, talk to Mark Zima. Did you know that Zimas made a comeback and are being sold again?

“I kid you not: Randa Markos's substitute for training at altitude, to prepare for fighting at Mexico City, has been training in a hot attic.

From this interview...”

353843.jpg

@Meathead Jock
An equal opportunity fan of the sport, his admiration for Ben Askren shows no bounds, so much so that I sometimes wonder if he is Askren.

“Dana is one of two twitter accounts that has me blocked.”

129754.jpg

@paynebringer
With a “take no prisoners” approach to MMA, this dude lives and breathes the sport, making almost every PBP thread a trip to be a part of.

“How can I not go for a man named Wang...”

103055.jpg

@Reach4theSky
We don’t have many OGs still around posting on their 10+ year old accounts – think of what he lived through – the Nos Plague, the White Belt Inquisition…the Brady Bunch Reunion!

“Watched UFC 1 live in a pool hall in 93. Then started renting them on VHS in the mid 90's..didn't watch pride till about 2006 ..

I'm old. :(

523693.jpg

@Sapp
This newcomer has really come out swinging right out of the gate, and put himself on the map with his solid breakdowns, humor, and - get this - logic.

“Fact: CM Punk has never lost a striking exchange.”

@SeattleFightFan
The O-est of G’s on this list here, makes Reach look like an orange belt. About as professional and respectful as it gets in this neck of the woods.

“why use critical thinking when you can just throw platitudes around, right TS?

and if you disagree with me, you hate freedom.”

261507.jpg

@Sgt Smith
I’m sure there’s a “he’s old” joke in here somewhere, but this dude – nay, gentleman - is one of the most wise and matoor posters on the site. Also, he’s older than you are, but we won’t hold it against him.

"Leon, you had your ass kicked in the second round. Did that have an impact on your strategy in the third?"

271269.jpg

@Soul On Ice
Sometimes he makes me wonder if Jones was innocent.

“Desserts happen, happened to Gabe Rudiger too”

200461.jpg

@Substance Abuse
Chances are, you’ve replied to one of his posts before. One of the more prolific posters, and you always seem to know where you stand with him. Future "former mod" right here.

“New fans suck, lol.”

View attachment 320559
@toe hold
If you want to know the latest news about fights, he's your huckleberry. He's broken scoops on here that are barely even whispers elsewhere in the community, so clearly he's a guy who knows a guy.

"Ferguson/Lee is a great pairing right now as both guys are really streaking. Would be an awesome FN main event, or co-feature for Fox card.

Just can't see spending PPV money, just because an "*" was added to the matchup."

View attachment 320573
@Typrune Goatley
That other newcomer that has taken the place by storm. High level reference and MMA meme game right here.

“Joe Pesci would slap Conor around. Conor would be SHOOK in the presence of a real gangster. Pesci via intimidation.”

View attachment 320565
@wilKO
Riding his momentum from last year's memorable Q&A appearance, this dude has proved he's a contender and not just shoop-bait after all.

"Just get rid of all the cheaters and have Bisping fight Diaz on every card with Mark Hunt as ref"
Where is @Wadtucket on this list?! GOAT liker

Hard to just pick one. All 20 are great posters. Thanks @jeicex for the time and effort put into researching these guys from 2017...

Back