The 13 best beer countries in the world, ranked

opposite IMO... Dont they drink PBR and hate popular beers?
Those would be the second wave 2008 hipsters. Once the economy picked up they became rarer. Or they just all started working at brewpubs.

i spent time at the becks brewery in bremen last year. the franziskaner is delicious and i was amazed that i liked their normal brew which tastes like utter dog shit here in the states

i spent time at the becks brewery in bremen last year. the franziskaner is delicious and i was amazed that i liked their normal brew which tastes like utter dog shit here in the states

In most beers, freshness makes a huge difference. By the time it's packaged, shipped to America, sent from the wholesaler to the retailer, then purchased, best case scenario, you're getting a 2 month old beer. That would be fine but beers like that just sit on the shelves so they are usually well past their prime by the time you get to drink one.

The only plausible explanation is that we are being penalized on the final score for unleashing Bud Light on the world.

Dilly dilly.

To be fair, most of Europe have their own examples of piss poor lagers.

im pretty sick so going with a few of these each tonight to try to kill the germs
DuEtjDd.jpg

If you havent tried G-BOT I feel sorry for you son!
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-england-g-bot-double-ipa/119953/

went to a German/Polish wedding in Koblenz while i lived in Germany

i had only had American Beck's, and was amazed at how much better the German version was

They'll say it sucks, but i thought it was pretty legit

1, 2, and 3 are crystal clear and inarguable.

USA is 1. No one can produce stouts like they can. No one can produce IPAs like they can. No one can produce pale ales like they can. No one has the variety. No one has the innovation. USA's craft brew scene is absurd with over 5000 breweries in operation right now. Not all are good, but the good ones are very, very good.
Belgium is 2. Lambic, traditional trappist styles, and saisons. I will argue that American produces better saisons (Hill Farmstead, Casey, Jolly Pumpkin, Side Project, etc) but that's subjective. The other 2 are not.
Germany is 3. They absolutely dominate all lagers and no one is close. A handful of US breweries do nice lagers but on the whole, Germany smokes the USA in that area.

After that, I'd probably go England, AUS/NZ, then flip a coin for the rest. No one is doing anything worth consistently reaching for.
Everything in this post is accurate and reliable. Though Canada might be #5.

As much as I love Japan, their beers are not my favorite. That being said it beats Korea by a mile. I'm glad I'm not a huge beer guy because Korean beer is so shitty.

But Korea makes the best cellphones.

what are some good belguim and German beers you can find in the states? when I was in Germany I drank a lot of radelberger or something like that. I tried a bunch of beers at the bars there but remember that and tucher.. (because I have pics on fb with them) also had some baverian beers... maybe helles, gold, zeickly and weibier this was back in 13 so dont remember it all that well... just from pics i have ..tucher and radelburger from glasses pics i ordered and the others from a menu outside and i think i tried them all

Cali has craft beer on lock. Stone, Russian River, Lagunitas, the unholy trinity.

Bell's Two Hearted just toppled Pliny after, what? 9 years at the helm? Those are all good breweries you've listed. Had all of those plus Green Flash, Sierra Nevada, Deschutes, etc. Have a Deschutes Abyss in the cooler now aging.

what are some good belguim and German beers you can find in the states? when I was in Germany I drank a lot of radelberger or something like that. I tried a bunch of beers at the bars there but remember that and tucher.. (because I have pics on fb with them) also had some baverian beers... maybe helles, gold, zeickly and weibier this was back in 13 so dont remember it all that well... just from pics i have ..tucher and radelburger from glasses pics i ordered and the others from a menu outside and i think i tried them all
i’ve noticed that Gueuzerie Tilquin has been getting a lot more distribution love around here.

In regards to Germany, I would say most anything from these breweries:

Weihenstephaner
Mahr’s
Rothaus
Schlenkerla
Ayinger
Schneider
Andechs
Augustiner

In regards to Germany, I would say most anything from these breweries:

Weihenstephaner
Mahr’s
Rothaus
Schlenkerla
Ayinger
Schneider
Andechs
Augustiner
can u pick them up in US ? or is it just there?

went to a German/Polish wedding in Koblenz while i lived in Germany

i had only had American Beck's, and was amazed at how much better the German version was

They'll say it sucks, but i thought it was pretty legit
they're two different beers as far as I'm concerned

I have to agree, from my experience in Canada, their beer making prowess should have them ranked higher

they don't ice brew. They basically make the beer freeze a bit before bottling and then filter out some of the ice to increase the ethanol concentration.

Ah ,ok. Thanks for the info.

Back