The 13 best beer countries in the world, ranked

That's probably the highest that canada has ever been ranked at anything.

US should be #1 for being so large population and diverse compared to other countries on that list.

Huh.....Germany was brewing beer before the USA even existed.

I don't believe that a shit load of tiny microbreweries that noone ever heard of has anything on say, Belgian trappist beer.

As with everything murrcan the microbreweries thing is a trend. Nobody had ever heard of real beer in the US 30 years ago.

Lastly, I think that everything is in the median and the average Murrcans still drinks industrial urine, while the average Bavarian drinks Augustiner or Franziskaner.

Huh.....Germany was brewing beer before the USA even existed.

I don't believe that a shit load of tiny microbreweries that noone ever heard of has anything on say, Belgian trappist beer.

As with everything murrcan the microbreweries thing is a trend. Nobody had ever heard of real beer in the US 30 years ago.

Lastly, I think that everything is in the median and the average Murrcans still drinks industrial urine, while the average Bavarian drinks Augustiner or Franziskaner.
no seriously, I lived right by the Bitburger brewery in RP

and virtually all the older Germans, drunk it all the bars in our area (roughly the Kaiserslautern metro area)

and virtually all the older Germans, drunk it all the bars in our area (roughly the Kaiserslautern metro area)

Well Kaiserslautern is a shithole. Bitburger does not even exist in proper German places like in Bavaria.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think brewers in germany are, by law, forced to use the bare minimum amount of ingredients in their beers. is that right? or is that just something done in munich (bavaria)? not exactly sure.

If you wanna sell "Beer" in Germany, it can only be brewed with Water,Malt,Hops & Yeast.
Imported Beers do not have to abide by that.

all I know is I lived in the region that Bitburger was brewed in, and it was atrocious

I did, however, mess w/ the various Weizens and I do love me some Becks so I go Germany besides the US and it's various microbreweries

That's weird.Beck's has one of the worst reputations here in Germany.It's basically our Budweiser

Fuck beer, whiskey for the win.

Whisky is basically distilled Beer,so.....

Not trying to talk shit about Germany, but Lagers and Pilsners are pretty much the two most boring beer styles.

Lager is not a style, it's a fermentation method.Beer is either fermented with Top or bottom-fermenting Yeast.

Some Lager styles:
Pilsener
Helles
Schwarzbier
Kellerbier
Dunkel

Rheinland-Pfalz is not exactly a Beer Mecca.
The Region is mostly known for Wine, not for Beer.
Judging german Beer by Bitburger is comparable to judging American Beer by Coors

Micro brewery beer is hipster bullshit. Our ancestors perfected the flavor profiles a long time ago.

Whilst I agree with Belgium in first place list doesn't include the Czech Republic so is therefore bullshit.

the u.k. over germany? wow, that's crazy. my favorite beer of all-time is still probably franziskaner. first had it where it's brewed in munich. a great summertime beer.

My favorite as well man.

#2 being bud ice I don’t care what anyone says it’s cheap and actually tastes decent.

USA? I wonder what criteria was used for compiling this list of beer countries.....because for many drinkers there's a whole lot more to the "beer experience" than just a bunch of micro-breweries and trendy IPA's.

$T2eC16V,!zUE9s38+!uRBR!Zf!PWlg~~60_35.JPG

As a matter of interest, how many of you extolling the virtues of American beer have actually been to any of the other major beer-producing countries?
I’ve been to Germany, Ireland, Japan. the UK and Belgium .

And let me, as a German, stick up for English Beer.
Fuller's makes great stuff (London Porter is one of my go-to ones)
Adnams/Samuel Smith make some great stuff
Thornbridge is damn good.
Harviestoun in Scotland.

I like variety in my Beer instead of a constant run of 1000IBU IPAs and 15%Alc Imperial Stouts.

My favorite as well man.

#2 being bud ice I don’t care what anyone says it’s cheap and actually tastes decent.

i always have at least a six-pack of franziskaner in my fridge lol. i don't think i've never had bud ice, to be honest. is that the lemonade-flavored type of beer, or is it the low-calorie kind?

Fair enough, I assumed most of the opinions were being based on exported European beers. The best ones rarely travel particularly well.
Works both ways,exported US beers are always our shitty ones also. You wouldn’t find heady topper in Ireland .. they do however advertise Budweiser at bars there for some reason though. I’ve been to Asia and Europe and all over US and have yet to find beers as good as you would in New England . Ct mass and Vermont killing it

And let me, as a German, stick up for English Beer.
Fuller's makes great stuff (London Porter is one of my go-to ones)
Adnams/Samuel Smith make some great stuff
Thornbridge is damn good.
Harviestoun in Scotland.

I like variety in my Beer instead of a constant run of 1000IBU IPAs and 15%Alc Imperial Stouts.

boddington's is probably my favorite english beer. one of the smoothest beers you'll ever have. i always get it when i go to a bar that has it on tap.

fuckin murricans in this thread.

It'd be ok if your beer didn't taste like watered down battery acid.

boddington's is probably my favorite english beer. one of the smoothest beers you'll ever have. i always get it when i go to a bar that has it on tap.

Boddington's is absolutely delicious.

San Diego alone has better breweries than the rest of the world.

Back