The 10 least popular cars in America

I’m surprised to see the Corvette on there. I see tons of those around. Especially that one with the 4 exhaust pipes scrunched together in back that looks like some 8 year old designed it.
the C7 sold well upon introduction, but it's now aging in a competitive segment. Also, no one is buying them because they're waiting for this:
Official-Mid-Engine-Corvette-Shots-2.jpg

MID ENGINE LOOMS

I'll never understand how Vipers weren't a success, were they too expensive for an American supercar? A guy down the street from me had a ~2015 orange one and it's an iconic, beautiful car.

The Fiat 124 is a hideous piece of shit. I feel sorry for people who buy it thinking it's a sexy sports car. I had a 93 Miata years ago and it was good at being an agile little bucket, but the term sports car has changed to almost exclusively high output fast and agile. Im addicted to 4 second cars, but if I wasn't I'd consider the new Miata, it's got a good looking hardtop. The Fiat on the other hand looks like a transformer toy. None of the body panels belong with the ones next to it. And top top it all off the "sports" version has 168 horsepower, base model has 160.

The Fiat 124 is a Miata.

give me a dodge viper any day
I used to. My friends dad lent me his to take a girl out with. The exhaust melted her stocking to her leg when she tried to exit the car and we got to go to the ER instead of dinner.

Who would buy a Dodge Dart? It uses an Alfa platform that Dodge modified. I'm surprised they make it to the dealers without falling apart.
You'd be surprised. I had a coworker that tried to sell hers, the most serious buyer offered half of her asking price. Another co-worker asked, "Why did she think it was worth that much?", I answered, "She bought the highest trim.", he then replied, "What!? That's like buying the best Cavalier."

I'll never understand how Vipers weren't a success, were they too expensive for an American supercar? A guy down the street from me had a ~2015 orange one and it's an iconic, beautiful car.

The Fiat 124 is a hideous piece of shit. I feel sorry for people who buy it thinking it's a sexy sports car. I had a 93 Miata years ago and it was good at being an agile little bucket, but the term sports car has changed to almost exclusively high output fast and agile. Im addicted to 4 second cars, but if I wasn't I'd consider the new Miata, it's got a good looking hardtop. The Fiat on the other hand looks like a transformer toy. None of the body panels belong with the ones next to it. And top top it all off the "sports" version has 168 horsepower, base model has 160.
I keep joking that a Miata will be my mid-life crisis car. The way things are going, I'll end up being an older parent and way too broke to buy a Corvette.

This was based on overstock on dealer lots and rate of sales. FCA is doing hilariously awful with 6 of the worst 10 belonging to their brands.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2019/02/18/ten-least-popular-cars-america/39073971/
  1. Fiat 124 Spider

2. Dodge Viper

3. Dodge Dart

4. Fiat 500L

5. Chevrolet Corvette

6. Jeep Patriot

7. Acura RLX

8. Chevrolet Spark

9. Buick Envision

10. Fiat 500x
I don't see many people driving fiats anymore, I think it has to do with the Alfa romeo more people are driving Alfa Romeos than fiats.

I keep joking that a Miata will be my mid-life crisis car. The way things are going, I'll end up being an older parent and way too broke to buy a Corvette.
They're alot of fun. I can't remember the curb weight on a generation 1 but they drive like go karts. Just don't expect to be wowed by straight line acceleration. If I could afford it I'd buy a lotus exige. Lighter than a miata with twice the power.

I still don't understand why people would buy American entry-level sedans when they are all shit-tier (except the newer Fords) and the Japanese counterparts are so reliable.

I guess that's why they are all going away now lol

I think the Viper is one of those cars most guys would love to have but hardly anyone actually buys because they are expensive and not suited to be daily drivers. The Charger Hellcats are probably digging into that demographic too
Ive heard the dodge viper is really uncomfortable to drive if you are over 6 foot especially, its cramped up.

They're alot of fun. I can't remember the curb weight on a generation 1 but they drive like go karts. Just don't expect to be wowed by straight line acceleration. If I could afford it I'd buy a lotus exige. Lighter than a miata with twice the power.
That's the appeal though. While I haven't yet outgrown the push of a torquey engine, I admire how honest of a sports car the Miata is. On a road course, if you fuck up a corner, that's on you; suck less on the next lap to turn a better time. You can't make it up on the straights by burying your foot to the floor.

I used to. My friends dad lent me his to take a girl out with. The exhaust melted her stocking to her leg when she tried to exit the car and we got to go to the ER instead of dinner.

But did you get to bang.. bro?

The Mustang continues to dominate over rivals. It already beats the Camaro in US sales, but factor in its international success and its lead becomes insurmountable. Ford's bold move to discontinue all its sedans is paying dividends as their truck and Mustang sales continue to dominate the market.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27514...s-coupe-in-the-world-for-fourth-straight-year
Ford Mustang Is the Best-Selling Sports Coupe in the World for Fourth Straight Year

Back