The #1 reason Jones should be taking the fight

Because the fans want it.

It's a rematch. One that has been hyped ever since the first fight.

If JJ fights DC first and loses, then we're robbed of this rematch.

That alone is logic enough to make the Gus fight happen.

For the fans.

This is what I've been saying all along. It obvious that a Gus PPV out does a DC PPV by a WIDE margin.

Gus vs Jones II will break a million buys.

As we've seen in the past, big rematches have the tendency to double the buy rate of the previous fight.

This is what I've been saying all along. It obvious that a Gus PPV out does a DC PPV by a WIDE margin.

Gus vs Jones II will break a million buys.

As we've seen in the past, big rematches have the tendency to double the buy rate of the previous fight.

lumberg_disagrees.sized.jpg

I said constant rematches, which means I want a few fights in between. I know I'm in the minority, and understandably so since that first fight was awesome.

Agreed. Besides, I think DC makes for a more compelling fight anyhow. I also find it unlikely that Gus will have as good a performance the second time around. Except for quick fights, it is rare that rematches of 5 round fights go to the comeback fighter. Shit, I wouldn't even be disappointed if Jones ran from DC and moved up to HW lol. I just want to see him have interesting fights and I think I've seen everything Gus has to offer at this time. If it had been longer between the fights I might feel different.

gus deserves it more than DC right now as well

I agree as well.

Plus jones has not been in a rematch ever if I recall. Would the first and I bet It'd sell huge.

Also have to disagree with this.

Franklin vs Silva 2 did 25K more....actually as I started to look up some quick stats I realized there actually isn't even one example of the rematch doubling the buy rate. The only PPV that has more than a 25% increase in buys for the rematch is Silva vs Sonnen 2 which got 75% increase. (ballpark % I do not maths only lookups).

So you never want him to fight Gus again?

No rematches, ever?

Or only after DC? It will, somehow, be better then?

I don't think you fans know what you want at all.

Jones fanatics have their ego attached to him. Gus is too dangerous, these fanatics don't want their ego beat up like that EVER AGAIN!

gus deserves it more, but dc is probably what i want to see most. that's because i think dc will destroy Eye Poker Jones.

He should do it cause Gus is the top contender...on top of the fight being demanded

Since when did he ever give a shit about the fans? He does whatever he wants and his own fans believe this is what they want too.

Also have to disagree with this.

Franklin vs Silva 2 did 25K more....actually as I started to look up some quick stats I realized there actually isn't even one example of the rematch doubling the buy rate. The only PPV that has more than a 25% increase in buys for the rematch is Silva vs Sonnen 2 which got 75% increase. (ballpark % I do not maths only lookups).

Try Weidman vs Silva II - It did 1.25 million buys whereas the first one did 550k.

Sonnen vs Silva II had similar numbers and also far out did the first bout.

Using Franklin as an example is like going full retard...never go full retard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back