Opinion The “Trudeau money” from Covid is pretty awesome.

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Every Canadian gets 2k a month who applies as long as you’re over 18 and made over $1000 in 2019.

That’s everyone. We’re automatically approved they’ll sort out who actually deserves it next year.

Direct deposited in 2 business days.

I love that handsome man.

trudeau-hair.jpg

Imagine buying an entire human being for $2,000

There any links for this?... I can't help but get the feeling this isn't just a "for everyone" thing.

Thanks. Not quite what the OP makes it sound like though.

"Who is eligible
The Benefit is available to workers:

• Residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old;
  • Who have stopped working because of reasons related to COVID-19 or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits or have exhausted their Employment Insurance regular benefits between December 29, 2019 and October 3, 2020;
  • Who had employment and/or self-employment income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application; and,
  • Who have not quit their job voluntarily.
When submitting your first claim, you cannot have earned more than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for 14 or more consecutive days within the four-week benefit period of your claim.

When submitting subsequent claims, you cannot have earned more than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for the entire four-week benefit period of your new claim
."

Doesn't sound quite as universal as your OP makes it.

Every Canadian gets 2k a month who applies as long as you’re over 18 and made over $1000 in 2019.

That’s everyone. We’re automatically approved they’ll sort out who actually deserves it next year.

trudeau-hair.jpg

1. Responsible COVID-19 relief
2. Responsible gun laws
3. Responsible single-payer healthcare

USA BTFO by her neighbor to the North.

(Canada also achieved independence from the British Empire without a war. Wow.)

trudeau-hair.jpg

I think you mean unemployed Canadian, no?

If I'm getting a bonus for working from home, that would be great.

That's debatable. It's still apart of the British Commonwealth, and accepts the Monarchy as it's own. Still gotta curtsy for the Queen and all that jazz.

Are 'Muricans just finding out about this now? <{outtahere}>

Our dear leader is an idiot, but a generous, bleeding-heart idiot. It's almost a redeeming quality.

As the weeks go by, the emergency aid programs keep being expanded to more people. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of it, we discover that just giving everyone 2000$/month no questions asked would have been more efficient. However like OP said, they're pushing back the administrative checks to after the pandemic i.e. you can apply now, receive the money immediately and they will check if you're admissible later (if you're not, you then have to pay it back). Doing this means that they have the option to forgo the administrative checks altogether if we end up in a situation where everyone receives aid and it's pointless to verify eligibility.

Also, apparently students will be getting $1200 a month as well. Thank god I don't have to pay my kid's rent!

1. Responsible COVID-19 relief
2. Responsible gun laws
3. Responsible single-payer healthcare

USA BTFO by her neighbor to the North.

That's what a centrist government can do for you. You guys should look into it.

That's debatable. It's still apart of the British Commonwealth, and accepts the Monarchy as it's own. Still gotta curtsy for the Queen and all that jazz.

Pretty sure Boris Johnson doesn't call the shots in Ottawa.

Back