That's was f* ridiculous (kron)

That's the essence of BJJ anymore. Maia became an excellent takedown artist, but it took him years of seriously refining and honing his wrestling. Off the top if my head, I can't think of another BJJ great with great takedowns.
Arona

That's the essence of BJJ anymore. Maia became an excellent takedown artist, but it took him years of seriously refining and honing his wrestling. Off the top if my head, I can't think of another BJJ great with great takedowns.

The BTT guys generally had good wrastlin.

Bjj gyms 99% start on the knees, it’s a problem

Yep. I got in trouble my first time on a BJJ night I did a couple Hip throws while kneeling. Was annoying I guess.

I always say, a LNP wrestler is no more boring to watch than a Gracie that can't get a man to the canvas. Gracie BJJ guys seemingly neglect to train anything else out of sheer arrogance that Gracie BJJ is all they need to succeed in life. It's quite pathetic, to be honest. In 2005, it was a bit more acceptable of an attitude but its 2019, times have long changed. They're becoming dinosaurs, a relic of a bygone era. Swanson by UD was an easy pick here, I predicted a 3rd round TKO though.

That's because to protect people from falling into each other. That's where you get your most injuries in BJJ.
I know that’s what they say, but I don’t believe it...I think most bjj instructors don’t know how to effectively teach it. Wrestling rooms around the country are filled with freshmen that don’t know what they’re doing and there isn’t an epidemic of injuries

Gyms should regularly run iron man drills for takedowns that limit the amount of people on the mat st once

Then roll live from specific training positions with everyone on the mat...no brainer would be to focus on the teqhnique of the current curriculum instead of just saying “ok, here’s the moves, now go live and ignore everything we just went over”...one guy start in side control, one guy in mount, one guy in guard , etc, just start there and go x minutes or start there and reset if any lands sub or escape...both would be good

But live rollsfrom knees is ridiculous. It’s not how you would pull guard in most cases, usually one guy gets up on the balls of his feet anyway, it’s just not representative of competition and forms bad habits

Prime Arona and prime Paulo Filho

Not sure why so many people think Kron Gracie is some BJJ phenom that MMA has never seen before. This guy has a boat ton of competition losses, even to cans.

Ricardo Arona.

Irony is that his father was big into wrestling in his day.

And I'm not taking about the striking, that was expected. Is this supposed to be a grappler? How the f* can you call yourself an elite grappler with not even the basic fundamental understanding of stand-up grappling, throws or takedowns.
Wtf is gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Didn't it evolved from Judo and yet I not even poor judo technique they can display.

Ridiculous... Don't ever call yourself a grappler of you can only grapple on the ground..
Oh, it's you.

yoru making this shit up out of your royal ass... The reason why most bjj start on their knees is because the lack of space, there is zero chances someone tells you “because that gives you and advantage we don’t have” rolls are just training not competitions, gtfo with that take...
First we were not rolling.
it was an exchange of techniques in a situation where we used no rules except a 5 minute time limit and surrendering in case of a no escape situation.
We where assimilating the differences between our own experiences.

We had space to spare and when i can toss then and get Straight at least in half guard or avoid being took to the ground thats was an unnecessary problem to ad n their minds initially.

which brings to my argument.they had no enough awareness of the tosses or trips because in their minds let the adversary get “inside” was welcome.

their argument was that i was basically avoiding the ground,being “anti-game”,and mine was they needed to make me get where they wanted to.

Seeing then go at it was interesting from my POV.

Make contact,get to the ground and start from there,while from my POV if i let it go to the ground i lost half of my own advantage.

Putting it blunt my party ended where their were only starting.

Expected when you speak 3 languages. The irony is that with this poor English I was able to achiece education levels higher than the great majority of U.S born people with much better English.
Hespect

Jacare and Aoki are also judo black belts.
Roger Gracie also trained a lot of judo.
Maia a lot of wrestling.
Kron breathes a lot.

because he can't wrestle bjj guys try to use trips and pull guard.
Nah. Plenty of BJJ guys use singles and doubles. Most bjj schools got out of the closed minded Gracie bjj of the 90s. Lots of integration with standard wrestling techniques that are proven effective.

Watch some high level ibjjf or Abu dhabi. Plenty of guys use singles and doubles.

Back