thats unfortunate...

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
cerrone vs bendo is co main... 3 round fight =/

mcgregor vs siver.... 5 round fight that will probably only take 1 round.

anyone else kind of wish cerrone vs bendo was the main event so we can see this amazing fight go to 5 rounds?

If Bendo plays the wall and stall, I would be happy it is not a 5 rounder

Hit the nail on the head... I'm a big Conor fan and I don't think anyone would not want to see the opposite like you said put bendo and Corrone in the main these guys have fought one of the best 5 round fights in the history of mma. That being said I see a finish in this fight so idk if it will go the distance but that's imo

If Bendo plays the wall and stall, I would be happy it is not a 5 rounder

That's what I was thinking too.

"Wall and stall" is more a problem of the incompetent martial artist who can't get his back off of the fence. If you're going to let me hold you there for 5 rounds, that's on you. Do something.

However, I doubt that would be the case in this fight. The last time these 2 guys went 5 rounds it was a great fight. By all rights, considering the rankings and the fighters involved, Cerrone/Henderson should be the main event. But Cerrone was a late replacement and this is supposed to be McGregor's star turn and punched ticket to a title shot.

"Wall and stall" is more a problem of the incompetent martial artist who can't get his back off of the fence. If you're going to let me hold you there for 5 rounds, that's on you. Do something.

Absolutely true but it is really boring to watch.

Absolutely true but it is really boring to watch.

Hey, I completely understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, nor should it be. I just wish MMA fans would be more tolerant of different styles of fighting. In the NFL, you have teams with high-powered offenses that run up the score like a pinball machine. Other teams embody defense and a hard-nosed, grind it out style where you might be lucky to have both teams hit double-digits in the game. But NFL fans still appreciate and enjoy both styles. So, I don't understand why someone who utilizes a technical, dominant, though not necessarily finishing style of fighting doesn't get appreciated more. In this respect, I think GSP got a bad rap late in his career. His fights were dominant, technical masterpieces, but the "just bleeds" couldn't stand it.

i take it you have never seen a bendo vs cerrone fight

google wec

That was quite a few years ago and Bendo has had around 10 decisions since, partly because of wall and stall.

Cowboy will only need 3 rounds to send Bendo packing.

I will never watch another 5 round Benson fight. If his opponent wasn't cerrone, I'd probably skip this fight too.

Not surprising and it favors Benson. Hopefully, Cowboy doesn't wait 2 rounds to get started again.

Yeah this is some straight up bullshit. One of the times the co-main should be a five rounder as well.

The interest in the Bendo fight QUADRUPLED when Cerrone was announced as a replacement. Americans love Clint Eastwood and Cowboy Cerrone!!

Both need to be 5 rounds. There needs to be like an executive order allowed for things like this, when a card is stacked and the co main is a huge fight, make it a 5 rounder also. They won't have to even cut a fight. Almost every card they show highlights of an undercard fight because the main event is moving along well and they need filler what's 10 more minutes of 2 elite fighters going at it. Just my thoughts.

Funny to think that this slot was originally Jury/Cerrone, then they moved that to 182. Cerrone wins the fight and still ends up with this slot against an even better opponent. Very hard to not root for Cerrone, taking fights this much on top doing cray shit outside of the cage. I bet one day there'll be a movie made out of his life.

Back