Thatch vs. Alves - Who Wins

iamindian

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I think this fight needs to be made next.

I like Alves via UD.

We don't know yet what Thatch is capable of, so I think it's hard to tell.

I think Thatch would have a shot as long as he stayed to the outside and circled away from Thiago's leg kicks. I think Thatch is the longer fighter and could use that to his advantage. Wouldn't ever count out Alves though as he has got big power in his hands and feet and we havn't seen anybody test Thatch's chin yet.

Pheww... Much better fight for Alves. It would be difficult to watch Thatch ruin him.

either way alves is going to have to brawl. wonderboy has amzing striking and was beating brown on the feet before brown grapplef***ed:icon_lol:

How's thatch's ground?
Never seen any of it
If its better than average....that'd be the way to win

Can't recall any1 ever tooling alves on the feet....standing 50/50....thatch would have a good reach advantage and prolly a better clinch.....alves has the leg kicks and power

Thatch is like a bigger and faster version of a young Alves, and Alves is like an older, slower, more injured version of a young Alves. so...

Thatch.

Alves is a very good technical striker for MMA, but the only thing he brings that's really special are his leg kicks. The thing that makes me comfortably say Thatch is Alves' most recent fight against Seth Baczynski. Despite being by far the better technical striker in the fight and winning the fight, Alves struggled with Seth's length. I think Thatch would light him up.

I would take Thatch in this match up, Alves doesn't do well when bullied and Thatch would bully him. Alves would have the advantage when it comes to low kicks, experience and likely grappling but I think Thatch has better hands is better in the clinch and he's much longer so he can strike from farther away and I think he has better fight IQ.

I would take Thatch in this match up, Alves doesn't do well when bullied and Thatch would bully him. Alves would have the advantage when it comes to low kicks, experience and likely grappling but I think Thatch has better hands is better in the clinch and he's much longer so he can strike from farther away and I think he has better fight IQ.

Thatch does not have better hands n Valves struggles against pressure from grappler a. When he faced Little who brings tons of prresuure he did well n actually outboced him

Thatch does not have better hands n Valves struggles against pressure from grappler a. When he faced Little who brings tons of prresuure he did well n actually outboced him

Who is Little? Alves' hands are overrated, they always have been, Thatch has better hands and he would want to grapple with him standing in the clinch. Alves lets himself get cornered all the time when he doesn't need to. This would be a problem against a guy like Thatch that can strike him from farther away and would have the advantage in the clinch.

Proof read your posts please.

Back