That wasn't even close.

FloydMayweatherMMA

Money Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Well, that was bad from Cody. Exactly the same mistakes as the last fight, only faster.

I really liked Cody's chances going into this fight. Fair play to TJ, that's gotta feel damn good.

Now that DJ has ruined his chances at a 'superfight', Moraes for the next shot?

I was hoping MM would win today but in losing to Henry only proves he would have little chance against TJ.

i knew it was over once he got cocky and pointed to the center of the ocatgon ..

that was a one time deal and he should have learned that last fight ..

TJ got Cody's timing down and from there it was all downhill for Cody.

Well, that was bad from Cody. Exactly the same mistakes as the last fight, only faster.

I really liked Cody's chances going into this fight. Fair play to TJ, that's gotta feel damn good.

Really hoping to see Cruz finally come back and fight TJ.

TJ has owned him from the time they were sparring partners, and 9 out of 10 times he will put him to sleep. Cody was too emotional loading up with every shot, that is no way to beat the very best.

tj evolves every fight and breaks down fights to the 100th degree in training camp. hes the more prepared guy of the two and has the higher fight IQ and is able to keep calm to execute a gameplan and fight smart. cody comes in with an ego and starts headhunting even if you clip him. very easy to rattle him to make him play ur game

It's almost as if his excuses for losing the first time were utter bullshit.

TJ got Cody's timing down and from there it was all downhill for Cody.
This. When Cody pressured with those flurry of punches, TJ would retreat back with his hands up. He knew exactly what Cody was going to do. I truly believe if Cody was more patient and careful he would have had a devastating Ngannou type KO

I expected a more intelligent cody. Like we saw with cruz. Instead he made same mistakes. Truly a shockingly bad performance on a rematch. He camp should be ashamed

Don't ever mention that overrated coward again. Good fights today
Overrated meaning 11 title defenses? 7 of them being finishes?

I love casuals. Always good for a laugh.

Really hoping to see Cruz finally come back and fight TJ.

I'm not that fussed about a Cruz rematch, I kinda feel his best days are behind him now. Although anything that stops him commentating is fine with me.

I'm not that fussed about a Cruz rematch, I kinda feel his best days are behind him now. Although anything that stops him commentating is fine with me.
Difficult to know if his best days are behind him without him taking a fight in so long. I do think he was hoping for TJ to win though. He probably sees him as the easier opponent.

Back