That was the quickest I've seen Kongo move in a while...also

Afrikan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don't know if Kongo lost weight or what, it seemed like he weighed the same...but he looked much quicker than usual. He still looked hesitant when throw punches though...but at least they were quick. But he also still leaves him self open after an exchange..

Also, why does he not throw High Kicks? I'm trying to remember the last time he threw some, but I can. He was a good Kick Boxer right? I know he is older now, but with those low kicks I was waiting for a high kick. Heck even a body kick to the side like Luke Rockhold does seems like he could fuck some people up.

I'm sure he was cautious for the takedown attempt...but I think after all those leg kicks and forward kicks... a few kicks to the sides and even an occasional high kick could've helped him. Especially since he didn't want to commit with his punches.

Such a long post for Cheick Kongo of all people I know...but with the way he was moving...lol...it got me believing again. Before the fight I was telling my cousin that he should retire because it seemed like his chin is obviously bad, but he was moving slow and seemed to be gassing in fights for a while now.

Thought he lost
Really? I thought he won rd 1 and 2 clearly, all Spartan did in rd 2 was take kicks and then hold Kongo on the ground for like 40 seconds, he did his best work on rd 3 when he dropped Kongo.

Fight could've went eitherway IMO... Spartan stayed on top of him for 2 rounds... sure didn't do anything... and he also got a knock down.

Kongo was landing Hard leg kicks all fight and inflicted more damage.

I wouldn't have complained at what ever decision.

but actually this post is more about how Kongo looks different than previous fights...speed wise.

Back