That was the nastiest display of striking I've ever seen in UFC history.

The term Hype Train is completely overused, it doesn't even apply here. He's easily one of the best strikers in MMA and is still growing so i'm really surprised so many hardcores haven't paid attention to him, his style is simply beautiful. While everyone was talking about Conor's great performance against Dustin at UFC 178 and Cruz's comeback, I thought Wonderboy absolutely stole the show against Cote, I would urge anyone who hasn't seen that fight to go back and watch it, just amazing striking and distance management against a very good fighter.

I agree. Not just the technique but also because of the calibre of the opponent. No one has done this to Hendricks. He has an iron chin that even Lawler could not crack.

For years people on this forum have make fun of the "K1 level" striking and high level boxing, but there is a huge diference and just recently is striking starting to catch up with the other disciplines.

Anderson vs. Forrest is still tough to top but either way it was stunning.

idk what you mean by nasty, but when rumble destroys people i'm like daaaamn

Impressive, but I still think Anderson vs Leben/Franklin is the best display.

Cro Cop had more power and perhaps better reflexes, but Wonderboy's precision and movement and explosive timing was something to behold vs Mr Rig

Yeah kudos to Weidman's wrestling training for helping him out in that regard, if that's what happened.
I watched the countdown and he had an Canadian Olympian in to help with his training. I'm sure the time with Weidmen help a lot as well.

He is obviously trying to be a complete mma fighter and not relying on loop holes in the mma rules to get the stand up.

Someone call Matt brown plz

he had everything - timing,accuracy,speed,distance,angles,footwork,counters,changing stances

I agree. Not just the technique but also because of the calibre of the opponent. No one has done this to Hendricks. He has an iron chin that even Lawler could not crack.

Perhaps Lawler did crack it though. Softened it up in other words. Chins generally dont just disappear but erode by way of cumulative damage.

Anderson. Pettis. Barboza. Condit. Conor. Aldo.

I've never seen anything like that against that level of competition, ever. I try not to jump on hype trains too excessively. Sometimes it's hard. But this ... I've never seen anything like that.

BTW, not being an expert on Wonderboy, I wasn't aware he had a 56-0 (?!) kickboxing record. That's absurd.

Anderson Silva's first two fights in the UFC. And his destruction of Griffin. Those have to rank pretty high.

Well, Hendricks looked lost in there after he couldn't land his initial takedown...like a confused Scooby Doo, but yeah, very happy for Wonderboy.

Perhaps Lawler did crack it though. Softened it up in other words. Chins generally dont just disappear but erode by way of cumulative damage.
That could be true. I'm sure Hendricks has softened Lawler's too. Would love to see Wonderboy vs Lawler now.

Anderson vs Forrest was greater, but this was pretty awesome.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif
ELVR8RN.gif

idk what you mean by nasty, but when rumble destroys people i'm like daaaamn

That's a fair question. What I am referring to is not pure brutality. Someone like Rumble or Big Country just clobbers someone with a haymaker, and they hit the ground stiff as a board, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the massive discrepancy in skill level and the finesse and easE with which he completely outclassed a very competent (to say the least) opponent.

Back