That was such a fix

tito has much better ground game on top of being stronger.

People need to realize a few things. One, Tito is no slouch when it comes to MMA wrestling. Two, Alex is not exactly Roger Gracie. Three, the size difference was comical, like a 1990's LHW fight. Four, Alex did not fight smart. All he had to do was keep his distance and land strikes, which he was doing. But he got way overconfident and started throwing his spinning strikes etc and once Tito got a hold of him it was over.

I wasn't looking for it to be staged because I didn't/don't care who won.

I've never seen a fight (that I recall) where a fighter allowed himself to be subbed so easily. Even with the 20lbs advantage it's not like he was gassed that early. I would have expected more attempts at defending from a veteran.

And how fights do you have under your belt? How often have you been in a sub-tourney against guys bigger than you?

Wasn't a work.

Don't get what people calling a fix are seeing with that GIF... it looks like a combination of Schlem trying to pull his arm back some and bridge with his hips to escape but not being strong enough to pull it off, and at the same time Tito driving the arm forward with his head/shoulder.

It actually looked like ortiz was whispering into that guys ear before he got the sub for a few seconds.

I seen that too! lol.. As it was happening I was thinking it was a little suspicious.

this kid blew the lid off of the whole conspiracy.

lol

Like they would want their champion to get choked out.

Would would the brass have to be involved for this to be a work? Could be a deal between Tito & Storm (doubt it, but just sayin'). Ben Askren actually kinda called it if that's the case.

There's also ways to fix a fight and make your MW champion look less over-matched. No fix...just exactly what you saw, big guy tapping out little guy.

Would would the brass have to be involved for this to be a work? Could be a deal between Tito & Storm (doubt it, but just sayin'). Ben Askren actually kinda called it if that's the case.

Ben Askren actually kinda could not have been more wrong.

"Hey Tito, would you like me to take a dive for you all because you gave me and my team free Punishment gear"

Tito is a big LHW, Shelmenko should be fighting at WW.

This might be a factor. Maybe.

That is one of the fishiest things I have seen in MMA when it comes to possible works but that looks really bad. It's not so much what Tito did, it's what Schlemnko didn't do.. very strange and I wanted Tito to win.

russians are notoriously awful at bjj.

just tonight shamhalaev, ivanov and shlemenko lost by submission.

russians are notoriously awful at bjj.

just tonight shamhalaev, ivanov and shlemenko lost by submission.

Ivanov is Bulgarian. His ground game is typically pretty good as well. I think he was tired, hurt, and quickly found himself in a tight spot on the ground after a failed throw.

Out of all the conspiracy theories this is up there with the absolute stupidest

when carwin was subbed by lesnar, carwin did not even try to defend... blabla. fixed fight. Give some more of these conspiracy theories

Back