That was such a fix

Tito Ortiz, who held his own *14 years ago* in ADCC against Arona.. who had 35lbs on him.. and who was at least an American college wrestler.. subbed the guy.. why the shock?

Looks like he's trying to explode to his left to get out of that position, look at his hips and legs, Tito just wasn't budging.

Oh, good lookin' out ... with the thread priming us to look for the fix, I just wasn't paying attention like I should have.

Good work.

Tito was obviously just way stronger. What's a little guy to do?

Yes, thank you. I'm looking forward to everybody quoting me without reading a few posts ahead of a 2 page thread.

It's not that so much as...Schlemenko is the 185 lb. champ. Tito is a 205 lber. Under no circumstances EVER would a win hand Tito the 185 lb. belt.

Cmon man you've been here too long not to know what weight class these guys fight at.

A fix? Why would they want their MW champ to appear to be destroyed by a washed up LHW?

Look at Shlemenko's left foot. He tried to explode to his right to escape the choke. He would have given up his back, and I'm sure it wasn't the best move, but it certainly doesn't appear that he simply raised his arm to offer the triangle choke.

I tried to slow the gif down.

ibi3hAiRqBoEh3.gif

That is one of the fishiest things I have seen in MMA when it comes to possible works but that looks really bad. It's not so much what Tito did, it's what Schlemnko didn't do.. very strange and I wanted Tito to win.

the more logical conclusion is a good submission wrestler with a size advantage just subbed a european striker who looked like a fish out of water the second it hit the mat

the more logical conclusion is a good submission wrestler with a size advantage just subbed a european striker who looked like a fish out of water the second it hit the mat

stop derailing the thread with facts!!!

I feel like TS is trying to imply that arm-drop is indicative of a fix. However, you see Storm posting on his right foot as he does so. He was attempting to turn into the choke and get to a his knees, because to turn away would be certain-death. If nothing else he could have had the arm around the giant head of Tito and get to a half-guard or full guard. Didn't work for him, but that move wasn't wrong. It was just poorly executed.

Essentially, Tito's giant head worked to his advantage.

The way he threw his arm back tho...

Look at the post above where I explain the maneuver.

The mistake Storm made was trying to loop his arm over the head as he turned, rather than using the leverage to push Tito's head away. The maneuver is one that is used, and if done properly, you slip the extended arm either to the opposite side of the opponents neck or, if you're very quick, even under the opposite armpit of the opponent.

I posted in the other thread that it looked like a fix right after it was over.

When it went to the ground Storm did NOTHING to defend. It looked staged big time.

Watch it again.

I posted in the other thread that it looked like a fix right after it was over.

When it went to the ground Storm did NOTHING to defend. It looked staged big time.

Watch it again.

It doesn't look staged unless you're looking for it to be staged. Storm used a maneuver poorly. Not that hard to grasp when you connect it with the fact he was severely outweighed and was put on his back early with no sweat wiggle-room.

It doesn't look staged unless you're looking for it to be staged. Storm used a maneuver poorly. Not that hard to grasp when you connect it with the fact he was severely outweighed and was put on his back early with no sweat wiggle-room.

I wasn't looking for it to be staged because I didn't/don't care who won.

I've never seen a fight (that I recall) where a fighter allowed himself to be subbed so easily. Even with the 20lbs advantage it's not like he was gassed that early. I would have expected more attempts at defending from a veteran.

If it was legit, it's not that shocking.

People act like Schlemenko is a great fighter or something. Dude is a journeyman lucky enough to fight in Bellator. His best career win is probably Doug Marshall. Think about that.

Indeed, I've never been particularly impressed by Shlemenko but he's found ways to find more often than not. Against any top MW he'd probably fare pretty badly. I expected him to do okay against Tito, though, but that may have just been me underestimating Tito.

the he hipped out and tried to swing his arm back before tito head shoveled it into the choke. its a legit escape if you do it early enough to slip your arm out. but as he was swinging it back, it was the same time as tito was pushing it in.

Schlemenko had Ortiz's left leg locked and Ortiz just laid there and then Schlemenko just let go of Tito's leg and let himself get choked out. He didn't even attempt an escape, nothing. WTF was that shit?

A cocky Russian? Not the first time.

Back