That was so trash

Costa is a mental midget. I wouldn't be surprised if he never wins another fight.

What can I say? I don't like the guy.

Sounds like a personal issue. But when successful MW’s like Chael and Whittaker rave about his work ethic I tend to side with them over Sherdoggers.

Maybe YOU are the one too distracted by his muscles to see what he brings to the table.

<codychoke>

i cannot believe people are saying Uriah Hall isn't a fighter. it's just his style. he can't get into dog fights. he has to have it like a kickboxing match. where there is space for him to move around and gain momentum to land his big strikes and confuse guys with misdirection.

everybody has a weakness. he's not good vs pressure fighters. there's nothing wrong with that, Joe Louis wasn't good against pressure fighters either. the guys who beat him are all elite fighters who most went on to fight for titles and some to become champions. it's not like he's losing to bums here.
He had a kickboxing match again Silva and still looked pretty bad until the finishing sequence

yeah, but so did Izzy, and look at him.
Yea but izzy doesn't regularly look bad until a KO blow. Hall looks bad even when winning lately. And would probably have lost to Silva if he didn't catch him in the 4th

His performance wasn't bad but it was suuuuuper sloppy. Against Whittaker, izzy, even cannonier I don't see anything there that can really trouble those guys. I don't think he would beat Yoel if yoel was still in the ufc

man I just don’t see it. I don’t think It was sloppy at all he was aggressive sharp and great defense for sure pressure.
I think he matches up well with those guys. Even Izzy. You can offset him with a jab and stricklands is great for mma. He’s still going to improve until he gets those types of fights. I’d take him over cannonier Whitaker had much worse losses at 170. you. An say the same for cannonier also.

IMO I think it’s easy to see Strickland is very good. Has all the tools to be great. And has the mentality of a fighter.

I think it’s the outside the cage comments is why Strickland is being overly criticized. He has the style to make it rough for anyone

i cannot believe people are saying Uriah Hall isn't a fighter. it's just his style. he can't get into dog fights. he has to have it like a kickboxing match. where there is space for him to move around and gain momentum to land his big strikes and confuse guys with misdirection.

everybody has a weakness. he's not good vs pressure fighters. there's nothing wrong with that, Joe Louis wasn't good against pressure fighters either. the guys who beat him are all elite fighters who most went on to fight for titles and some to become champions. it's not like he's losing to bums here.
Man, he barely even tried to throw kicks. Even when he had space and distance, he went forward with sloppy punches.

Maybe that head clash in R3 fucked him up. But the guy barely even attempted to play to his strengths.

man I just don’t see it. I don’t think It was sloppy at all he was aggressive sharp and great defense for sure pressure.
I think he matches up well with those guys. Even Izzy. You can offset him with a jab and stricklands is great for mma. He’s still going to improve until he gets those types of fights. I’d take him over cannonier Whitaker had much worse losses at 170. you. An say the same for cannonier also.

IMO I think it’s easy to see Strickland is very good. Has all the tools to be great. And has the mentality of a fighter.

I think it’s the outside the cage comments is why Strickland is being overly criticized. He has the style to make it rough for anyone
The only one i cans we him beating is Costa. Hes not bad but Whittaker would finish him with his signature 1-2 high kick. Izzy would easily pivot that jab counter him like he did right and Costa. Sean doesn't have the power or speed to walk cannonier. Cannonier has true fuck you power. And rocked Whittaker even with 1 arm broken and all beat up. Seans a good fighter but I think he's hit his ceiling

Definitely a case of Strickland being good rather than Uriah Hall giving up. Strickland has that plodding, MMA style boxing that persuades people he's mediocre, but the way he manages distance, rationizes excellent cardio, and keeps utilizing volume makes him a deceptively difficult for a lot of the middleweight division. Hoping they give him a brute like Vettori or Costa next

Definitely a case of Strickland being good rather than Uriah Hall giving up. Strickland has that plodding, MMA style boxing that persuades people he's mediocre, but the way he manages distance, rationizes excellent cardio, and keeps utilizing volume makes him a deceptively difficult for a lot of the middleweight division. Hoping they give him a brute like Vettori or Costa next
Uriah broke. He had no poker face in the fifth. He kept grimacing like he was in agonizing pain. Super bad look.

I'll remember this . I get your sentiment against sherdog meat heads but I still disagree. hopefully they fight though, would be a war
I think it's the fight to make, TBH. Especially if the UFC wants to make Strickland into a bona fide contender.

Costa vs Strickland would be a fun fight, who gives a fuck who wins

It was a good night of fights. Can't have top 5-10 guys/gals on every card, plus it's nice to see new faces and see finishes.

I think it's the fight to make, TBH. Especially if the UFC wants to make Strickland into a bona fide contender.
Hell Strickland would be one of the few to stand and bang with the drunk meat head Costa . Wouldn't have thought about it without your post but yeah fuck it thats the fight to make . Makes sense with the rankings and very casual friendly

Back