That was one of the best fights of 2020 and Glovers best performance of all time

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by LoadedZeus, Nov 7, 2020.

1. LoadedZeus Green Belt

Truly a great fight to watch, back and forth throughout. Glover had no answer for Santos stand up and Santos had no answer for Glovers grappling. The real test for a top level fighter is fighting through adversity, and Glover showed exactly that.

After being rocked by heavy shots in the first round, I didnt expect to him to have any success in the round and he ended up dominating him on the ground by end of round. Round 2 was perfect, Glover played it smart and Santos was in survival mode till last second.

3rd round was the best round of the fight, Santos landed a huge left hook after defending takedown and was smashing Glover on the ground, I thought Glover was getting finished after Santos stepped it up and he ends up in full mount 10 seconds later and submits Santos a few seconds after. What a performance, this shit gets me excited. Give Glover the title shot, Adesanya should fight Whittaker in mean time, Whittaker deserves shot and so does Glover. Glover moreso, 5 fight winning streak against young killers and ends up at #1 in rankings

2. SKYNET Madrugada Eterna Platinum Member

As a long time Glover fan, I was thrilled to see Jones vacate because I knew the doors were wide open for him now. In a 5 rounder he can defeat any LHW. This performance by Glover happened in what I honestly think was the toughest challenge for him. Now it's up to Dana.

I think Jan will grind it out like a champion does but Glover can certainly do it again if he can do this to Marreta. So proud tonight

3. asdf122345 Red Belt

If he beats the winner of Izzy vs Jan for the belt. He should retire. Great journey for him. Respect Glover.

PlayTheGame likes this.
  4. dog y The original dog

I'm thrilled.
    Glover train full speed at 42. What a fighter and what a dude.
    Wonderful.

5. dog y The original dog

Maybe take a an immediate TS at HW.
    Without cutting he could be a solid 240.

asdf122345 likes this.
  6. TempleoftheDog Purple Belt

Why would he retire on the cusp of his biggest payday? He’s probably been underpaid his whole career.

7. giovanni002 Taeyeon Belt

Agree. Great display of heart, grit, resilience, and class from a well respected veteran of the sport. The fact he's still aiming for another title shot after coming up short vs Jones like 6 years ago is amazing.

ForemanFan likes this.
  8. hohner Titanium Belt

My farts tonight stink something fierce. Luckily, Glover doesn't have to wade his way through my farts tonight, because he looked great against Santos.