That Was Anderson's Best Performance in Almost 5 Years!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JeffertonAlive, Feb 28, 2016.

1. JeffertonAlive

JeffertonAlive Green Belt

The Last Time Anderson was that active in a fight was against
    Yushin Okami. I know he beat Chael, Bonnar and Diaz since then, But they helped themselves lose more than anything.

People who say Anderson didn't look like himself in the Bisping/Diaz fights Don't understand how
    Counter-Strikers work.

They rely on Aggressive striking, Over-committing to strikes and poorly timed lunges to double the impact of the counter.

Bisping, Diaz and if you go back
    Lietes, Maia and Cote didn't play that game. They threw non-committal strikes then backed off.
    Griffin Lunged, Chael pulled a Chael twice, Okami was scared stiff , Nate got a Beautiful switch pulled on him going for the takedown and GnP'd (another overlooked part of Silva's Game)

James Irvin Got Distance closed on him with the leg catch,
    He Feinted low with his Eyes and made Vitor lean into a Steven Segall kick and Chris Leben was Invented for Counter-Punching.

Also Did that Really look like a soon to be 41 year old man coming off a career of Steriods?
    This may prove his Kooky story to be true when you look at the drop-off of other steriod users off the Juice.

Also He Highlight Reel K.Oed Bisping and lost a controversial decision in Foggy London.

The Spider is Still Goat

2. HwoarangStyle

HwoarangStyle Red Belt

Fuck I would hate to be his opponent when he moves forward when hes like jittering and fainting like mad lmao. but yes, it was a fucking sick performance. he just gave up some rounds while he had himself on the fence but good for bisping. he was teeing off on him sometimes when he was keeping his back on the fence. that fight was long time coming and bispings interview after the decision was read was amazing as well. how can u not be a fan of bisping? especially after tonight

3. Kwic

Kwic Black Belt

Spin that around as much as you like, Bisping surviving AND WINNING is a testimony of AS's demise.
    Fans argue whether this guy or that guy should have won, it doesn't matter.
    If Anderson left ANY doubt who won that fight then it's a clear signal.

4. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

5. JeffertonAlive

Also people Underestimate Bisping's chin .The H-Bomb that Bisping Caught would've derailed a train. That's why Anderson couldn't Knock him out a second time in the fight. Same with Diaz and Maia Great chins.

JohnyBrabo likes this.
  6. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

I really enjoyed Silva's performance against Bonnar.

So true

JohnyBrabo likes this.
  7. gfunkwave

gfunkwave MMA fan since '95

I'm not one to really bash a fighter nor bad mouth a legend, but that loss was totally Silva's fault. He let the fight stay close. Too much of that clowning shit has gotten old and it has cost him many times. Maybe for 1 round it's okay, but doing it throughout the fight and wasting time is costing him. I had the Spider winning the last 3 rounds and the fight, but I could understand a 3-2 decision against him. It was a close fight and I think Bisping either got the hometown decision or the judges too got tired of the clowning crap that Silva was doing.

8. xn7

xn7 Red Belt

bisping wasn't ko'd. he got cheap shotted and fell down, but bisping had silva rocked 2 occasions in the first 2 rounds in legit exchanges. have a nice life.

7th likes this.
  9. ShoopNazi

ShoopNazi Purple Belt

And yet he still lost!!!

wait...why're we yelling again?

10. Doug22

Doug22 Brown Belt

Are we just going to ignore circumstances now? How about the fact he was losing all 3 rounds up until that point and only landed the "Highlight Reel K.O" because of the mouthpiece fiasco (which I blame Bisping for). Bisping had dropped Anderson prior to that and was on his way to a 50-45 victory.

11. OverPressure

OverPressure A stepladder!

How many performances in five years?

12. JeffertonAlive

Bisping won a Favorable Hometown decision. That is All

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  13. JeffertonAlive

7 . you try fighting regularly after an injury that leaves a leg hanging on by skin. That makes it even more impressive.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  14. TheIrishPsycho

TheIrishPsycho Whiskey Belt

Ironically it was a good performance by Anderson, vintage even but he ruined it by not realizing Bisping had won three rounds going into the fifth and not pushing for the finish....his corner share that loss.

15. OverPressure

OverPressure A stepladder!

Umwut

16. austinblair

austinblair Green Belt

I very much enjoyed watching Anderson and agree his moves and just overall "silva style" was on showcase.

Didn't get the finish, didn't even win all the rounds, but put on a very entertaining performance. I'd buy the next PPV with him on it to see another "entertaining performance"

Very few do a lot of the cool stuff Anderson Silva does, love him or hate him.

17. KoChang

KoChang Purple Belt

For a 40 year old guy who most believe is shot , I thought Silva looked good. Let me clarify that by saying his movement, speed and reflexes were plenty sharp enough to wipe Bisping out. He simply did not throw enough and he alone is responsible for the loss. All of that being said, he still turned Bisping's face to hamburger with very little output. Silva is still top 5. If he wasn't such a headcase he wins that fight with ease.

JeffertonAlive likes this.
  18. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

I thought he looked good.

19. strawberry

strawberry Brown Belt

Anderson showed flashes of brilliance, but had too many classic "wtf are you doing?" moments during the fight. Electing to put his butt against the fence for extended stretches so he could show off his Wing Chun. Too much clowning. Too much of the same shit that has popped up in his career from time to time. He simply allowed himself to be outworked over the course of 5 rounds. Inexcusable, IMO.

You're right to say that he wasn't KO'd, but that was in no way a cheap shot.

20. JeffertonAlive

What other 40 year old coming off a supposed whole career of cheating will be throwing flying knees and looking like they're ready to go two more rounds after five rounds of action .

Anderson Silva is Special.
    Some people because of their own ineptitude just hate Unattainable Greatness.
    Flame On .

B0mbSquad likes this.