That was a dominant fight

Jarvan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
...and listening to Joe will have you believe it was actually competitive

Maia was able to hold Valentina against the cage and ground for one round and Joe thinks Maia's stock went up

Valentina had what, 5 TD's, battered Maia's face, punished her from top, etc

I mean I agree the commentary was a bit over the top, but Maia was clearly stronger in the clinch and it opened the door to see Andrade bomb her like she did with Rose.

They just talk Valentina up so much it seemed like it should be a first round finish. I think they were just shocked that Maia took a round and held her own a bit

Joe has been completely awful tonight lol. I don't know what's up with him. Did he need to bring up the oil check 5 times? Insisting on Herb being amazing despite his many bad calls, try to insist on how Moreno would get a twister and silly 10th planet names...

He has a tendency to go nuts if an underdog does any small irrelevant action and tends to ignore the reality of the fight when that happens. Did the same with Iaquinta, Perry tonight, etc. I mean, by round 4 Valentina was pretty much dominating. I defended him in another thread earlier tonight, but it's been a bad night for Joe haha. Just horrendous commentary.

Chookagian and Eye didnt made it to the decision, i guess thats all she did, won 1 round by not doing much.

Chookagian and Eye didnt made it to the decision, i guess thats all she did, won 1 round by not doing much.

And Maia probably wouldn’t have won that round if Valentina didn’t botch the takedown. It was a dominant win, but the commentary made it sound close.

...and listening to Joe will have you believe it was actually competitive

Maia was able to hold Valentina against the cage and ground for one round and Joe thinks Maia's stock went up

Valentina had what, 5 TD's, battered Maia's face, punished her from top, etc
Are you aware that it's joes job to try and make the fights sound as though they are good?

Back