That was a deceptively impressive performance by RDA and he needs to now be taken seriously at LW

I don't see him beating Poirier either......but I can definitely see him beating Dustin.
Yeah maybe. I wouldnt say he is chanceless against any of them. Its just i dont think its very likely at this point of His career.

Reactions: JKS
He prepared specifically for a Southpaw wrestler for an entire camp and on 5 days notice had to quickly switch it up
I don't think we've seen the best of RDA in this final title run that he's making. With a full camp to prepare and gameplan for a top 5 LW
It's hard but people make it out as if RDA was at a disavantage.
RDA was the one who had a camp, Felder hardly had any time to prepare at all.

So I feel like for all the disadvantages RDA got due to the late switcharoo, he probably gained by getting a no-camp opponent.

Crazy even against felder he looked smaller, why was he at welterweight ?

RDA should ve never been in welterweight, he was way too small, and lost too many times. The good thing is that he didn't took much damage, almost all his losses are via lay and pray.

Yeah I never understood the move. People are way too supportive of when fighters move up sometimes. I remember Rogan et al all thinking it was a good decision, but it obviously wasn't. He was always out sized in a division perennially ruled by strong athletic wrestlers.

Khabib probably had a lot to do with it though. And now Khabib is gone.

beating felder is not impressive. he was gifted a decision over barboza. so really he's 1-4 in his last five fights. RDA folds under anyone with high school wrestling credentials, he's 2-4 in his last six.

Yep. But like most things with MMA, about half of everyone will see it as a nothing win. Is what it is.

Felder is a fringe top 10 guy (I'm a fan, not knocking him, just my opinion) with a 9-6 UFC record.

He hasn't fought the elite, and if he did he would get squashed. He's pretty much a kickboxer who is lacking in wrestling and BJJ.

RDA was able to get a workmanlike wall and stall against a guy he matched up well with.

I think RDA still generally splits wins and losses against ranked lightweights at this point in his career.
Felder actually has great defensive grappling, and he is super strong. I was highly impressed with the fact that RDA could wall and stall him.

nah..felder is mentally and physically done with the sport. should have stayed retired. he can be a gatekeeper for top 15 at best

TS your judgement of good performances needs a serious review if anything, he looked like a gatekeeper last night don’t know what fight you were watching.

He prepared specifically for a Southpaw wrestler for an entire camp and on 5 days notice had to quickly switch it up and take a fight with an orthodox striker. That's incredibly difficult and a completely different style.

Also, when's the last time someone has an easy fight with Felder? Paul is a really tough SOB and I think even guys like Justin and Dustin would have to go to hell and back to get a W over Felder.

Lastly,because of this style matchup, I don't think we've seen the best of RDA in this final title run that he's making. With a full camp to prepare and gameplan for a top 5 LW, I think he comes out sharper on the feet and can make some noise at LW.

RDA is the fucking man.
Quit hating nerds
Since when do people hate on RDA? He's faced straight killers at LW and WW for the last 8 years. Even when he loses, he still makes guys work for the win. He's always in exciting fights.

I can't recall seeing any hate for him on these boards.

Felder actually has great defensive grappling, and he is super strong. I was highly impressed with the fact that RDA could wall and stall him.

You can't really point to a fight where Felder was matched up with a good wrestler. RDA is a competent, but unremarkable MMA adapted wrestler, although he's got solid BJJ.

Paul would get absolutely squashed against elite competition. The best guys mop the floor with the guys who mop the floor with Felder.

All due respect to the guy, I'm a big fan of both his fighting spirit and his qualities as a commentator.

Back